Easy Office

Did CA lose its sheen?

Page no : 2

Shalini (none) (105 Points)
Replied 02 February 2015

Also what I bellwether is the course is a means to gain knowledge on various provisions or laws existing... To thoroughly appreciate the topics mentioned above we require experience, in depth knowledge and to some extent expertise which we gain be reading and updating ourselves constantly... It cannot be taught

(Guest)

Join my community here on caclubindia only. Its " Collective Evolution for Finance Professionals".

I have tried to compile articles, files on those topics. There are also youtube documentaries.These will help us in getting Industry ready.

Sadly, in the articleship, trade secrets are never revealed by our CAs.

So, do view all topics in the forum list of my community.

GoodLuck yes

raghavan (self) (611 Points)
Replied 02 February 2015

Managerial. Executive jobs and value. Always linked to personality and naturally mba with good communication skills. Fetch. More value .better to pursue mba after ca

Intermediate Student (-) (644 Points)
Replied 02 February 2015

Agreed with shalini.

Shalini (none) (105 Points)
Replied 02 February 2015

* I believe that CA course lays a strong foundation.. It's up to us how high we build... Everything cannot be spoon fed.

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory) (1230 Points)
Replied 02 February 2015

I agree with Mr Rashid. the mentioned area should also be covered in CA Syllabus.

and further CA student should also effort to improve the communication and presentation skill. and Institute should also something in this area. So that CA can compete to other professional in corporate sector.

But some problem is that many CA has neither good knowledge nor good communication and presentation skills. so these things are degrading the CA profession and now a date more CA has been supplied in market than demand, it is Institute's mistake. 

In previous years such CA became who was not able to that.

1 Like

Black mamba (Finance Enthusiast) (65 Points)
Replied 03 February 2015

Originally posted by : pawan
Jab ca ka charm khatm hai to kyu lage pade ho isme ... Jake kuch or karo dosto...isme ab koi bhavisye nahi....thoda competition kam karo humare liye... CA banke kuch mile na mile..apne ko to yahe karna hai boss ... Kyuke khayle pulaaav banae se kuch ni hota........

Post karne se pehle , post pura padhna jaroori hai.  Aap kya bol rahe hain bhai, IAS, IPS, Politics. Seems like you are obsessed with money and power. (Not definitely the case with me). When you are part of a profession, which is like a family, you are supposed to make a contribution from your side. Also, you are given liberty to point out at issues, ask the same to memebers and clear your queries. I am exactly doing the same. I am not one of those who fail in CA and badmouth the profession. You've completely got me wrong, also you are not alone, there are a few others.

I am not here to demotivate the students/members by posting these. I am only trying to trigger the thought process to make our profession better. Mr.Hammad has got my point and jotted his perspectives supported by statistics. I desired for similar replies.

1 Like

Tina Sharma (Financial Analyst) (35 Points)
Replied 04 February 2015

As we are living in era of technology where students and job seekers are opting for IT career, the reason is IT companies providing better work culture and salary package to their employees. In other side IT farms are ready to give opportunities and better salary packages to talented candidates who can work in domestic level as well as in international level. It applies for finance professionals also, as Indian brains have great demand around the globe. MNCs like KMPG,AXA,TCS are preferring finance professionals who can understand the international finance sector and ready to explore and share the global financial and banking ideas and views. I have attended some of the seminars and presented various papers on financial services, where I have got a large number of views from professionals regarding changing scenarios of Indian finance sectors and dominance of IT firms. It all shows long term professional qualification like CA is loosing it gorgeous shine because short term courses like CIMA, CFA, CFP can earn them same salary as a CA is earning now. Another point, these professionals are getting international exposure which enhance their knowledge and adding some extra pointers in their experience list. During my presentation and interaction with many finance professionals in seminar, many CAs were provided their views on how global certifications are help them growing professionally. So, can we say that international finance requirements are dominating the domestic finance? Yes it is subjugating the domestic but it can't have capabilities to omit the CA power completely.

Prashant Rajput (An insatiable Learner) (889 Points)
Replied 03 August 2015

I do agree with Mr Account deleted.Our Subjects need real life examples or case studies.But CA institute is not going to even think about it bcoz ICAI is being helmed by Practioners only so they are grooming us to become Public accountants only.

Rishika Mehta (2 Points)
Replied 10 November 2022

An MBA or CPA can't match the level of a CA when it comes to standards and principles of financial accounting and auditing. CA is making us understand the whole IT process, without good knowledge of finance, better ERP can't be developed. CA will tell you the way to data science and economics is what we are taught in depth. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: