Easy Office
LCI Learning

Dt..! no beauty..!!

Page no : 2

Dilshad Afroze (Article Assistant) (24 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

I wanna take my DT paper on 21st as well....invigilator ko bolunga mera DT mein bahut chhut gaya tha....pehle 30 mins DT dunga fir IDT !! :'(

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

Paper was normal to difficult..and lenghty as well. But overall a good paper..I attempted for 90 marks..lets see how it goes in marking..

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

Dont worry friends.Needless to say that in numerical questions, marking is step wise..for right point you will get marks..no straightway zeros..

1 Like

jayakumar (cafinal student) (112 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

mostly coverd caselaws in this paper.  around 9 - 12 case laws out of 170 case laws in the case law book and RTP. case laws cocerd 30 - 35 marks. if once strong with case laws can score above 60 marks. exam also completed with in 3 hours.

Akash Jain (CA Final Student) (261 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

Supply of Labour covered under 44AD or it is a agency service?

CA Rajdeepsinh Kanchava (Senior accountant at KPO)   (736 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

ya paper was soooooooo lengthy couldn't attempt around 20 marks so feeling a bit low bt ya it was Verry good paper. Somewhat unexpected as no practices from DTAA Transferprising or Non resident...but ya it was manageable...

Maulik Shah (Article Trainee) (78 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

I do not understand y does icai need people who can write like superman in this world of computer............ I guess there is some old orthodox CA setting papers who do not know to use computers and does everything in writing......... feed up of this lengthy papers ........ icai should check knowledge not writing speed of students........ it was not as lengthy as costing but still very lengthy paper

CA. Bhavik P. Chudasama (Practice) (3819 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

Please guys help how report some user or member of ca club as spam or iritating

Eram Sisodia (B.COM, MBA, Ca final) (48 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

@ maulik shah: I totally agree with u!!!! why did icai totally depends upon writing speed of student ....... If they believe we student should be professional then ICAI be professional !!!! Try to ask questions which help to know the knowledge of student rather than writing speed .... 

CA Hareesh ( ) (1637 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

Originally posted by : Bhavik
Please guys help how report some user or member of ca club as spam or iritating

u can click on that person's profile and there u can report him abuse..!

Rohit Tulshyan (RTProfessionals) (333 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

I think its not about writing speed but pressure and time management. Besides as per my thinking it should not be much a big issues because

we solve our worst questions in end. Means if we attempt we will get like 08 out of 20 marks. but due to lack of time we answer it haphazard way securing only 3 to 4 marks. Net loss is only four to five marks. 

In my case what i do is whenever i get stuck i leave that step and skip to next question i.e. in two hours i finish all the sums that i am suppose to attempt. then in next one hour i finish one one sum jitna bhi i know. so little good or bad but I manage somehow to attempt every sum. If i know that writing it for five to seven mins will fecth only one or two marks than i keep those things to write at the end if time allows. They dont give you time to think par we think "bas do mins dunga toh ho jayega" and we end up wasting alomst fifteen to twenty mins in entire paper. 

1 Like

CA D R P (Chartered Accountant) (313 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

It is not that speed of writing is checked, rather speed of understanding a question is checked by ICAI. If ICAI wants to filter students based on how much practice he/she has done before exams, this is the only way to give justice to those who have practised. Mock test papers are also lengthy,but this fact is only known to those who has written it in 3 hours as a net practice. Please take my views positively...

CA D R P (Chartered Accountant) (313 Points)
Replied 19 November 2014

ICAI has never given weightage to chapters, so never think or expect of a particular chapter to leave or fully complete...

Maulik Shah (Article Trainee) (78 Points)
Replied 20 November 2014

@ ca drp & rohit I somewhat agree with u guys but the point here is icai does not understand what is actually happening..... When they give out such lengthy papers the people who have tendency to mug up adjustment and even the whole sums from pm find it easy as the sums are more or less from pm so they aren't checking our knowledge............. To check knowledge and conceptual clarity they should ask new questions so all students are at equal but this was unacceptable as lengthy paper didn't allow me to think at all

Nishant Jain (Associate - Direct Tax) (99 Points)
Replied 20 November 2014

I dint find the paper lengthy.. was able to finish wid 10 mins spare time. The nly thng is you have to manage tine from the strt. As regards to difficulty level yes it was tricky...BOS tried to cover almost all concepts wid dose 2 marks questions. Lack of time for revision is d main prblm dat I faced.. all the best for last exam. :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: