Easy Office

Tds u/s 194j

Page no : 2

rishika agarwal (STUDENT) (83 Points)
Replied 30 August 2014

Agreed with saloni. It is professional fees/technical services.

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory) (1230 Points)
Replied 30 August 2014

Originally posted by : Jakey Rohira
Friends
both payments are to same person.
I want to make clear one doubt, that wether limit of 30k is applicable on individual payment or in aggregate..??

TDS u/s 194J limit of Rs. 30000 applicable individually services to same person. In your case TDS is not liable.

Ajay (CA Job) (512 Points)
Replied 30 August 2014

Dear Jakey

In your case, TDS u/s 194J won't be applicable as the threshold limit of Rs.30,000 is applicbale to each category (that is, prof fee, tech fee, royalty fee and non-compete fee) is individually. No limit for Directro's fee specified. 

Regards

Ajay

P.S. I think others are confusing Sec. 194C for Sec.194J. Just check the section.

Jakey Rohira (student) (95 Points)
Replied 31 August 2014

I Agree with Ajay. The limit of 30k is applicable to each category individually.

Shubham Gupta (Software Engineer) (36 Points)
Replied 28 August 2015

Hi,

I has a question reg TDS u/s 194J. The following page (https://www.charteredclub.com/section-194j/) says that :

TDS is liable to be deducted by all class of persons except Individuals and HUF. However, if such Individual/HUF is liable to get his tax audit conducted under Section 44AB for the previous financial year, this exception won’t be applicable and they would also be required to deduct TDS under Section 194J.

What does Individual mean here ? If a person is not a registered company and he / she is getting more than 30K, should TDS be deducted ? 

Santosh Shetty (IPCC, Asst Manager) (200 Points)
Replied 25 November 2016

what sandeep & santosh said is correct

Santosh Shetty (IPCC, Asst Manager) (200 Points)
Replied 25 November 2016

both technical & professional services falls under 194J, accordingly tds will be applicable

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: