Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca rank eligibility

Page no : 2

ankit agarwal (partner) (32 Points)
Replied 09 February 2014

Attempts are no issues in obtaining a rank in CA exams. All which is required is to obtain 55 % and above marks and clear both groups with all papers at a time. I got a rank AIR 36 In my pce in second attempt.

sunkara bhanuprudhvi (article) (32 Points)
Replied 10 February 2014

Any person who attempts both the groups will be eligible to get the rank and it should not be first attempt only if u attempt in 2nd or any attempt both groups and secures good marks eligible for the rank

CA Konfused (Chartered Accountant & CFA Level 1)   (302 Points)
Replied 10 February 2014

@ nayeemuddin..........ICAI.........gives medal and sends sweets to people topping in second attempt........for the valiant attempt of failing in first attempt .......and then daring to top ....or get a rank .....in second attempt...it is such a great feat that ICAI has anounced Bharat Ratna for people clearing CA exams beyond 10'th attempt.

asankhya mohan (CA-IPCC STUDENT) (40 Points)
Replied 10 February 2014

i guess igot my answer. thank you everyone for clearing my query.

veeraraghavan (under articleship) (35 Points)
Replied 15 February 2014

Hi friends,

i passed both the groups in nov 13 which was my first attempt with overall aggregate of 59%.

YET I DIDNT SECURE A RANK...... CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE REASON..???????

Girdhar Malpani (Trainee) (150 Points)
Replied 15 February 2014

Originally posted by : veeraraghavan
Hi friends,
i passed both the groups in nov 13 which was my first attempt with overall aggregate of 59%.

Hi veeraragvan,

First of all congratulation  for passing the exam in Ist attempt with 59% marks ..yes

However you have not mentioned whether you passed inter  or final.

But since you got 59 % aggregate marks so you been passed CA inter exam.

Because As per Nov 13 result of CA final which was declared very tough. AIR 1 got 534 marks out of 800 i.e 67%  so AIR 50 declared on 447 somthing  which is 56% Marks .

So if you are in CA final now then you have 1 golden chance to get Rank... smiley

Also Rank are provided upto 50 th number and as per highest scorer 50 students in their respective exam i.e CA inter & final as per cut off rate of highest marks scored by  50 students.

So in inter if Rank is closed at higher level of marks then its your tough luck ....frown

but definately you can score rank in CA final having more determination and enthusism... All the best...smiley

1 Like

veeraraghavan (under articleship) (35 Points)
Replied 16 February 2014

@ Girdhar Malpani

first i want to thank you for your reply......
i have passed IPCC with scores of 250 in group I and 163 in group II

CA Konfused (Chartered Accountant & CFA Level 1)   (302 Points)
Replied 17 February 2014

Originally posted by : Girdhar Malpani

Originally posted by : veeraraghavan

Hi friends,

Hi veeraragvan,

First of all congratulation  for passing the exam in Ist attempt with 59% marks ..

However you have not mentioned whether you passed inter  or final.

But since you got 59 % aggregate marks so you been passed CA inter exam.

Because As per Nov 13 result of CA final which was declared very tough. AIR 1 got 534 marks out of 800 i.e 67%  so AIR 50 declared on 447 somthing  which is 56% Marks .

So if you are in CA final now then you have 1 golden chance to get Rank...

Also Rank are provided upto 50 th number and as per highest scorer 50 students in their respective exam i.e CA inter & final as per cut off rate of highest marks scored by  50 students.

So in inter if Rank is closed at higher level of marks then its your tough luck ....

but definately you can score rank in CA final having more determination and enthusism... All the best...

Hi the Rank System in CA exams is as follows.

It is Given not to the top 50 students in a particular attempt.

It is Given to People scoring the top 50 numbers in particular attempt.

For Eg in a CA final attempt 2 student score 600 and there is no one who has scored more than them, then both of them would be declared as First Rank.

Now in that similar attempt if we have 2 students scoring 595 and there is no one who has scored between them then both of them would have secured 2'nd Rank and this list goes on.

In a particular attempt about 150-200 students score a Rank on an average

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: