Easy Office
LCI Learning

Worried about Career of Lacs of CA Students

Page no : 6

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

After knowing the views of the majority; it has already been planned to share it with

GROUP MAIL which includes all the Council members.

Hope students have read my comments on 1st Ranker the link of which has already been shared in this forum.

One more shocking sharing by a student :

1st Ranker of CPT (not disclosing his name) has FAILED in CA Final in recently declared results of Nov. 13.

PS : 1st Ranker of CA Final (Nov 13) had failed in COMPETITIVE EXAMS before joining CA.

Hope now "hidden" message is clear

and

the purpose of the post is also clear to the students.

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Originally posted by : Dev
Agree with surendra sir and also with apoorva.. Why 500 for ceritified copy.. I m not against 3% result of ca final.. But cpt results should also have been restricted to 4% to 10%.

Try getting your answer sheets by filing RTI for the same. It costs only Rs. 10. Even I am filing one.

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

CA profession was originally made for the INDEPENDENT PRACTICE.

It will require a lot of discussion further; why the core practice area has lost charm by and large. It's again the "mismanagement" at the ICAI level.

I have some faded memories, but I read an article in Economic Times in 2010 or 2011 quoting former ICAI President Amarjit Chopra that "By 2020, 80% of the qualified Chartered Accountants will be in Industry and only 20% will be in Practice

A BIG REASON TO WORRY

1 Like

Replied 19 January 2014

The trend has already started....on a wrong direction.

In the past :

Whether it was known as good for a LAWYER to SERVE in a COMPANY?

Whether it was known as good for a DOCTOR to SERVE in a HOSPITAL?

Now-a-days; people like to SERVE in a SYSTEM......because they deem they themselves are unable to  make a SYSTEM (due to whatever reasons).

They can EMPLOY their PASSION for others....not for themselves.

(When one is engaged in service; PASSION is actually "converted" into COMPULSION to do/perform at any cost or leave the job).

Replied 19 January 2014

In my opinion; Mr. Chopra couldn't work what he planned (due to his personal problems also). He always talked in diplomatic manner. He never said the reasons behind it. At least Mr Uttam Prakash was anxious about the profession when he saw majority of newly qualified were choosing industry.

Why CAs are moving towards industry - was a matter of anxiety. But nobody went into the roots of the reasons. ( What are the roots of such reasons;  I don't wish to explain here ).

If people are happy with the industry; then no worry at all. I would be also happy. 

But ask the persons who are in industry. CAs are "governed" by some MBAs? Is it desirable? 

Can anyone explain the reason behind this?

( Hint : Executory work Vs. Planning & Implementation )

ankit tripathi (cci student) (87 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Sir it is real scenario but we need to find the way to be out of such scenario......
1 Like

Amrita Rashmi.S (student) (26 Points)
Replied 20 January 2014

sir...dis result of final s really worrying abt our future.....v r not able to decide wedr v r eligible....enough....it as if no one can guarantee an average student dat he can become a future CA....dis results r also loosing...talented and eligible CAs..hope results of Ipcc r not d same....Need a guidance

1 Like

Replied 20 January 2014

Students may refer the following article to decide their career. I have seen that even many qualified CAs don't know what to do after qualification.

The proof : Ask any CA student what he will do after qualification.

The majority will answer : We will decide after qualification.

The reason :

They have not decided to be excellent in any of the field. They are just job seekers.

/articles/know-your-hidden-strengths-to-decide-your-career-16317.asp#.UtyFTvvhW1s

Replied 20 January 2014

Further; don't assume yourself as AVERAGE STUDENTS.

This article will OPEN your eyes forever :

(The condition : if you accept to be excellent).

/articles/average-students-are-actually-not-average-students--12432.asp#.UtyF8_vhW1s

Replied 20 January 2014

For the benefit of the students; the following article may be helpful to

CHANGE THE STUDY PATTERN LOOKING TO THE VAST SYLLABUS :

/articles/tips-to-get-success-in-ca-exams-after-continuos-failure-9486.asp#.UtyHxPvhW1s

Replied 20 January 2014

Students join CA because they have interest in Accountancy.

After joining CA; the never assumed that Accountancy has enormous theory in the form of Accounting Standards.

Further; practical exposure is required.....if one is not having so; the speed becomes slow while attempting the question paper.

Previously question papers were designed as if the STUDENTS are CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS  and they can provide BUSINESS SOLUTIONS to their CLIENTS.

Since the students are required to qualify all the subjects....those who have low interest in some of the subjects; score 37-38 repreatedly.

The reason is : generally such students want to score 40-45 in these subject.

The following article would help students to CREATE interest in ALL THE SUBJECTS :

( a single subject is enough to fail in exams )enlightened

/articles/making-subjects-interesting-in-professional-career-6001.asp#.UtyItvvhW1s

Replied 20 January 2014

4 years ago; I wrote the following  article to AWAKE students who thought after passing CPT they are in HEAVEN and would easily QUALIFY CA with the help of COACHING CLASSES.

They never tried to see the FULL SYLLABUS while joining CA neither they were intersted if someone suggested them.

During articleship; they never tried to "SEE"

HOW MANY DIFFERENT BOOKS are there in the principal's office.

To make a good strategy to qualify  with SURE CAREER; everyone must read this article:

/articles/one-shot-success-in-ca-4051.asp#.UtyKg_vhW1s

Replied 20 January 2014

I have sent  my suggestions to ICAI last year on 31 01 2013.

The same I have shared at caclub in SIX PARTS as RESTRUCTURING OF CA PROFESSION :

Readers may refer :

/articles/restructuring-of-ca-profession-part-vi-17872.asp#.UtySQ_vhW1s

There is NO RESPONSE from the ICAI regarding its ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

The crux of  above suggestions have also been handed over to ICAI, President in Faridabad last year.

Replied 20 January 2014

After reading so many posts; readers might feel boring.

To refresh, READ this article  :

(READING  is the only ENJOYMENT for the CA STUDENTS).enlightenedblushlaugh

/articles/ca-studies-are-always-interesting-19497.asp#.UtyUefvhW1s

1 Like

CA Bhargav (Chartered Accountant) (698 Points)
Replied 20 January 2014

Dear All,

I agree with CA Surendra sir. But today the market for CAs is so tough that they are not getting enough opportunities.crying

NOW, If a fresh CA or 1-3 years experienced CA is looking for a job then -

* the Giant Companies already has their CAs. They do not recruit CAs or they recruit the CAs internally or in a Job fair or through Recruitment Consultancy firms.cheeky

* Small companies can't afford to have a CA. They are ready to appoint CAs BUT at a cost of a B.Com graduate and they do require 3-7 years of COMMITMENT or BOND !!!no

* If these CAs accept lower salary & / or lower position then the employer demands long term commitment which is not possible for a CA who have studied so hard and will accept the work for 3-7 years at a very lower salary.angry

NOW what these CAs will do ??!!!!

Therefore, lesser passing % is a welcome step for the institute.

OR ...............

I think I.C.A.I. shall discontinue with CPT and start new Entrance exam to clean up and allow only the deserving candidate to enter into the professional course. As in CPT a student can pass the hurdle with a God's grace by just randomly answering the questions, of course with the LUCK factor.

Issue is very serious and must be resolved in favour of the fresher and unemployed CAs and those CA final students who are still struggling for a grand success.angel

Regards,

CA Bhargav Dave

(Note: above mentioned is just a personal opinion of the author / writer and it has nothing to do with the Professional body or any other person)

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: