Easy Office
LCI Learning

Etds nil return for new version

Page no : 2

P. R. Chowdhury (Executive) (47 Points)
Replied 07 October 2013

THANKS RAMESH FOR RAISING THE GOOD POINT/QUESTION.

AWAITING A SUITABLE REPLY FROM ANYBODY/EXPERT

REGARDS,

Sonam (Final CA Student) (53 Points)
Replied 07 October 2013

ETDS Wizard given by fastfacts shows version 13.08 as the one updated on 30/09/2013. However, the template file of the same nowhere mentions regarding the PRN Number.

How shall i deal with that ?

SURANA (PROPRIETOR) (515 Points)
Replied 08 October 2013

Same issue with my TDS Software...
Need to File Q2 fy 2013-2014 and the last successful filed PRN is of Q4 fy 2012-2013,

but software doesnt have option to input the same.. it only takes prior quarter PRN automatically (in my case Q1 PRN, which is not there)

So waiting for some solution ....

Replied 08 October 2013

In my template, no separate column for PRN is mentioned

Ashutosh Kumar Jha (STUDENT) (150 Points)
Replied 09 October 2013

We have paid Rs 1500/- for professional fee u/s 194J and not deducted TDS as limit does not crossed. Now, we want to file e-tds return for 2nd Qtr of FY 2013-14. can we file or it is mandatory to not file the TDS return in our case? please help....

Thanking you

Ashutosh

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33511 Points)
Replied 09 October 2013

Hi Ashutosh,

At present there is no compulsion of filiing NIL return, however new requirements in ETDS RPU is that you have to quote previous quarters PRN no. Hence indirectly it is required to file ETDS return.

So you are advised to file ETDS return.

Thanks//VaibhavJ

SURANA (PROPRIETOR) (515 Points)
Replied 09 October 2013

Well i think we need to quote the PRN of last successful return.. which can be of last financial year too..

Currently i want to file Q2 return and Q1 return was not filed, so now our software people are saying to quote Q4 FY 2012-2013 PRN in Q1FY 2013-2014.... Strange solution :) but no other option at the moment in our software.

And i tried to search the PRN number in FUV Note but it is not mentioned in it.. so dont know how it works...

Replied 09 October 2013

@ VaibhavJ and Aashutosh, as per the telephonic conversation with TDS CPC,they have mentioned dat in case amount is paid and tds is not deducted,it is mandatory to file NIL return in such cases. Thus, case mentioned by Ashutosh falls under this category..

Replied 09 October 2013

Dear Sonam Ji,

As you mentioned, if there is no deductee records, then we neednot required to file but in our case, there is a deductee and we have not deduct tds as the limit doesnot cross. So can we file tds return by giving reason for non deduction?

Thanking you..............

Replied 09 October 2013

Yes.. u can file..

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33511 Points)
Replied 09 October 2013

Yes that could be one solution, but when Financial Year is different this might not work.

Thanks

Replied 09 October 2013

Dear Sonam Ji,

Thank you for reply of my question.

Please ignore my second question as I see your reply after asking my question due to some technical issue with my PC....

Replied 09 October 2013

No issues !! Hope the matter is sorted now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro