Easy Office

Dummy articled clerks

Page no : 2

Varsha (Student) (1164 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

Totally agreed sir, i've completed my articleship & found it vry valuable.

I don't why student go for dummy articleship, in my opinion articleship is the best part of CA course where u will get to know about the dignity of being a CA.

1 Like

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

I fully sponsor your views Sir on the nemesis of dummy articles. Members also have a code of ethics to follow and any breach of that should be awarded with stringent of the punishments.  One more thing I would like to add that its just not the dummy articles that is a matter of concern. There may be, rather there are cases where articles are not doing dummy training but what they are made to do is totally embarrasing. I mean getting the photocopies done, depositing cash and challans in banks and other personal works of the CA which only constitutes nonsense. There has not been any dummy but effectively the articles have been made to suffer in the future. These kind of cases should also be reported and be treated with accordingly.

Mere making law or regulations won't do anything unless they are acted upon. And its not just the ICAI, rather everyone has a role to play and we should do our bit.

1 Like

ANOOP (student) (428 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

I agree what you say. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CA'S WHO DO NOT GIVE THE KIND OF EXPOSURE A CA STUDENT WANTS, WHAT ABOUT THE CA WHO SCOLD STUDENT BADLY IN FRONT OF ALL OTHER OFFICE STAFF, WHAT ABOUT THOSE CA WHO ARE BIASED FOR ONE STUDENT, I am doing articleship in a firm from the day one they are asking me to correct grammatical mistakes in the report as my principle is not good in english, what the hell expereince i will get ,am doing articleship when I ask him to give me transfer he says he wont give, now should I run  for my tuitions or should I fight a battle with him.......I never support dummy articleship but this is also a fact that in todays India Rs 1000 is less even for a worker who works in daily wages for a month, and some people advocate that you are in training, GHANTA training  DO THIS CA BEHAVE LIKE WE ARE TRAINERS. First these questions should be answered I never support dummy articleship  but I feel the people who got that they are lucky at least they dont have to waste their time in some useless activity and can focus in studies. At least if they pass ca they will gain experience but what about those who are not able to pass because of the tension which his principal gives him

1 Like

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

IT IS HIGH TIME TO DO INVESTIGATION OF QUALIFIED CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS WHO HAD ALLOWED ARTICLED CLERKS AS DUMMY.

Surendra sir, you have rightly highlighted the main culprit who needs to be held accountable for disrespecting the profession of Chartered Accountancy.

In addition to this, those STUDENTS who register for DUMMY ARTICLES must be barred from pursuing the course further based on concrete evidence. This must be a warning signal to all other students, who dare to hoodwink the system.

Even based on a candidate's record of accomplishment, even some recruiters view genuine candidates with cynicism and this is unfortunate.  It is just a mockery of the system, whereby due to some faults or collusion of some Member - Student arrangement, the entire profession has to face the wrath.

The biggest crisis now is, we are not hearing louder voices of other Members of this profession, who can make a big difference and can contribute for the well-being of all fellow members of the fraternity.

I really appreciate at least a few voices like that of Surendra sirs who is taking initiative to bell the cat (the big boss – ICAI). Hope this fructifies into some action and can make some difference in the immediate future and a bigger overhaul in the years to come.

Today most of the people are not bothered about what is happening with the profession. They on some pretext wants to escape from taking the bull by its horn. Yes, the need of the hour is for many respected Members who are experts / veterans needs to raise their voice, so that ICAI realises the true potential of Members voice which can make a huge difference.

2 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

Originally posted by : ANOOP

I agree what you say. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CA'S WHO DO NOT GIVE THE KIND OF EXPOSURE A CA STUDENT WANTS, WHAT ABOUT THE CA WHO SCOLD STUDENT BADLY IN FRONT OF ALL OTHER OFFICE STAFF, WHAT ABOUT THOSE CA WHO ARE BIASED FOR ONE STUDENT, I am doing articleship in a firm from the day one they are asking me to correct grammatical mistakes in the report as my principle is not good in english, what the hell expereince i will get ,am doing articleship when I ask him to give me transfer he says he wont give, now should I run  for my tuitions or should I fight a battle with him.......I never support dummy articleship but this is also a fact that in todays India Rs 1000 is less even for a worker who works in daily wages for a month, and some people advocate that you are in training,  DO THIS CA BEHAVE LIKE WE ARE TRAINERS. First these questions should be answered I never support dummy articleship  but I feel the people who got that they are lucky at least they dont have to waste their time in some useless activity and can focus in studies. At least if they pass ca they will gain experience but what about those who are not able to pass because of the tension which his principal gives him

This situation happens when a student joins a firm which can provide leaves very easily. Students recently joining articleship training; treat leaves as more important than training.  They don't enquire how many staff is there e.g. even a peon is there or not! 

Many students want to join a firm which is near to their home.

Most of the students don't know what they will do after passing CA.

They don't try to see how the principal is behaving with the clients and which types of files are there.

They don't want to open books lying in the office during their leizure hours.

Students should try to know which types of changes are made by the principal after they prepare the reports and/or the tax details.

Students expect that they should be trained the way as in the medical profession. 

I am of firm view that presently CA students  have  immense opportunities to learn various subjects. Now-a-days; more seminars and subject material is easily available and that also free of cost/neglibile cost.

A group can be formed to discuss the issues and overcome the problems. 

Every profession has its own peculiarities. We must take full advantages of the opportunities.

Anupam( Upcoming CMA) (Internal Audit Executive at Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training)   (302 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

I am 100% agree as this is the concern in both CA and CMA. No doubt that the Dummy Articles clear all levels of the said courses but they start working at a very low salary due to which the students who have done 3 year training and have Knowledge about the work have to be suffered a lot.

I don't know whether you are agree or not.......

1 Like

Replied 09 July 2013

OKKKKK

Replied 09 July 2013

You said sir that to take book and study  it is not so easy to take book and read he wont allow for even five minutes to go out and come back what if they dont allow to see the files which they are seeing... 
My office is 10 km away  i don think that is near....... and leave till now I have taken 23 days in a year...

if so much concern is there about the image of ca institute why don people ask them to enhance the stipend rate to 6000 or something 

when people ask... you go morning and come back around 9 and you are paid just 1000 Rs I have heard ca earns lots of money my son goes to a call center he is earning 18000 that to cab comes to take him only 8 hours a day, I feel that am i going in right path or not.

I will suggest instead of going for investigation same money  you give to some articled trainee who will be asking money to his ca for filling petrol in his bike for the work which he did for the ca.

These are the few reasons and there are many may be bcoz of which one goes for dummy I dont know, but to stop this CA'S SHOULD ALSO CHANGE THEIR ATTITUDE
1 Like

suneet (CA FINAL) (421 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

"It is also a High Time " to change way the articleship is being conducted.

Working in a CA Firm and Working in MNC is whole lot a diffrent things 

Why corporate training for 3 Years in reputed companies , government sectors can not be introduced ??????

becasue chartered want free labours.

People talk about Fresh CA not getting better Jobs . How much exposure the students are getting

(Laeve Metro Cities ) . Again i would like to quote a very prevelant line of Media that in this country two nation resides . One is India and other one is Bharat . For Articlre citizens of India it is ok they are getting good exposures but for Articles citizens of Bharat . What exposure they are getting . Many students even do not have a basic drafting skill. 

and when the person of Bharat Moves to India for Job He/She Faces problem and that is inevitable

Blaming CA and students for the current scenario is very easy , and of course i am not defending . The Approah of ICAI is again to curb the problem but you have to attack the root cause of problems

Taking Pain killers will give you releif in a short term but in long run it will badly effect your kidney

The way CA worked , examination was conducted , paper was set , approach of the students 20 Years 

before has got a complete transformation then why not the "Articleship"

Alternatively training can be increased to 4 Years from current 3 Years and the student should be given time . Again I would say Upgradation of thoughts is more necessary . 20 Years before 5 % did coaching today 5% do not take coaching . so some rational think  has to be done to save the Holed Ship of ICAI

1 Like

Abhimanyu Sethy (Article trainee) (31 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

TO WHOM WE BLAME ........................................OR ..........................WHO IS RESPONIBLE FOR THAT.........

1. THE STUDENT WHO HAS TAKEN DUMMY

2. THE  FCA WHO HAS GIVEN DUMMY.............................FOR SOME MONEY.............

3. THE RIGID  RULES AND REGULATION OF ICAI

4. THE CA WHO  MISUTILISE THE ARTICLES OR INFLUECE THEM FOR THEIR PESONAL SELF INTEREST

5 THE RUMOURS ABOUT CA COURSE.( THAT INSTITUTE REDUCE THE % OF RESULTS)

- TWO WAY DISCUSSION SHOULD BE REQUIRED.

- FROM ROOT LAVEL RESCUE REMEDY REQUIRED 

-A SPACE SHOULD BE THERE FOR STUDENT TO WHOM ONE CAN LISTEN,PRAISE, REPRIMAND.

-HELPING STUDENST TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSEVES, ABOUT THEIR GOALS, BEHAVIOUR

-

EVERY TEACHER SEEKING A SRUDENT LIKE ARJUNA BUT WHY NOT  TEACHER  SHOULD BE FIRST  DRONACHARYA.

THANKS & REGARDS.

* WE ARE NOT JUST OUR BEHAVIOR
                                                                WE ARE THE PERSON MANAGING OUR BEHAVIOR.  *

2 Like

suneet (CA FINAL) (421 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

"It is also a High Time " to change way the articleship is being conducted.

Working in a CA Firm and Working in MNC is whole lot a diffrent things 

Why corporate training for 3 Years in reputed companies , government sectors can not be introduced ??????

becasue chartered want free labours.

People talk about Fresh CA not getting better Jobs . How much exposure the students are getting

(Laeve Metro Cities ) . Again i would like to quote a very prevelant line of Media that in this country two nation resides . One is India and other one is Bharat . For Articlre citizens of India it is ok they are getting good exposures but for Articles citizens of Bharat . What exposure they are getting . Many students even do not have a basic drafting skill. 

and when the person of Bharat Moves to India for Job He/She Faces problem and that is inevitable

Blaming CA and students for the current scenario is very easy , and of course i am not defending . The Approah of ICAI is again to curb the problem but you have to attack the root cause of problems

Taking Pain killers will give you releif in a short term but in long run it will badly effect your kidney

The way CA worked , examination was conducted , paper was set , approach of the students 20 Years 

before has got a complete transformation then why not the "Articleship"

Alternatively training can be increased to 4 Years from current 3 Years and the student should be given time . Again I would say Upgradation of thoughts is more necessary . 20 Years before 5 % did coaching today 5% do not take coaching . so some rational think  has to be done to save the Ship of ICAI

And Please stop quoting "You Passed without coaching"

Gustakhi Maaf but I would kike to Quote for Students , ICAI & CA's blaming each other for problems when every one has contributed for  the day we are seeing of Unemployed CA's

Bura jo dekhan mein chala, bura na milya koi,
Jo mun khoja aapna to mujh say bura na koi

1 Like

CA vinod (Chartered Accountant) (518 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

1. Ruining of life !....Then tell me who is responsible?  Until some actions are taken; nothing will improve. These members and students have "ruined" the image of the profession. Whether action should not be taken against them?

Replied 09 July 2013

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

1. Ruining of life !....Then tell me who is responsible?  Until some actions are taken; nothing will improve. These members and students have "ruined" the image of the profession. Whether action should not be taken against them?

Replied 09 July 2013

100 % agree and I feel some coaching institutes in south are also cause more damage to image of the ICAI.  

1 Like

Rahul Verma (Accountant) (98 Points)
Replied 09 July 2013

Sir i dont really agree with your view, if a student opts for dummy then he is in the best position to decide on this, and he will suffer himself anyway, why should we waste our time and efforts over this issue. 

As far as QUALITY of newly qualified CAs is concerned then there are many other reasons for it in addition to being dummy, some of them are as:-

1. Many CA firms do not really have vast work to offer which can help students/articles get best exposure. They just keep articles into vouching (To be precise ticking) or Accounting which obviously does no good, as field of chartered accountancy is much more than just being an accountant.

2. Exam pattern has changed like hell, look at the IPCC papers, except for one or two papers all others are at par with B.com exams, that is resulting in many students clearing exams irrespective of their quality, Same is the case with Final exams, The result is the quantity of CAs is more and more increasing day by day, Every other person is doing CA just because the level has come down. It really has lost its sheen.

These are more serious issues, i think. However i do not favour dummy articleship but many articles despite undergoing articleship do not learn what they aspire for.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: