No 10 lakhs exemption notification in new st-3 jul - sep 12

Simple (Java Consultant) (104 Points)

30 March 2013  

Hello,

My brother has a shop given on rent and since his rent income was going to cross Rs.10 lakhs in August 2012, we had file for Service Tax Registration and received the certificate.

We did not collect any Service Tax from the tenant (business) from April to July 2012 when the amount had not crossed Rs. 10 lakhs limit. We started collecting Service Tax from the tenant August 2012 onwards and paid the Service Tax to the government for August and September at the end of that quarter. We have been waiting to file the first service tax return and finally the new ST-3 has been released.

We downloaded the newly released form ST-3 for the quarterly return from 1st July to 30th September 2012 from this link -
https://acesdownload.nic.in/Documents/ACES-EFiling-ST3_July-Sept_2012.zip

We have selected "Proprietorship / Individual" option in the 'Constitution' field 'A8' and "Renting of Immovable Properties" under field 'A9' for 'Taxable Service for which Tax is being paid'. Accordingly, the Excel utility automatically adds other sheets to the file.

We wanted to avail the one-time Rs.10 lakhs exemption but the dropdown list in this ST-3 Excel form does not have the Notification 06/2005 option at all. The Notification dropdown list  only has these fixed options -
045/2010-S.T.
025/2012-S.T.
027/2012-S.T.
030/2012-S.T.
032/2012-S.T.
033/2012-S.T.
040/2012-S.T.

Has the notification number for Rs.10 lakhs one-time exemption changed?

Should I not include the exempted amount in the Gross Value field B1.1 and just put the amount beyond Rs. 10 Lakhs?

What is the correct way to proceed forward in the above scenario?

I hope you have downloaded and seen the notification options to understand the above scenario (as they may be different for someone selecting other options in A8 and A9).

Thanks for your time in advance!