Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca students are just average talent.

Page no : 2

gautam.k.r (PCC) (78 Points)
Replied 09 September 2012

Nikhil you are absolutely right!! in my opinion discussing a vague topic may be required at times but certainly wont give a solution to the current situation, hence i request though you may have your personal opinion on the so called "average" is of no relevance... and i can assure you one thing though a CA might not have practical exposure in all fields, given any situation he can definately perform, and i think that's what required of a CA to perform in a new horizon in a new day, to face the challanges of uncertainty so i dont understand what you meant by saying average!!

(Guest)

I am of the personal opinion that CA can't be categorized as average talent just because he is not well versed with certain areas. These people have slogged it out with many others and have been the fortunate ones to come out flying.

Once you have completed the hard core theory, the practical aspects would be only routine. I am not a CA or even a student of CA. But am working with many of them in my company. The  freshers who have just passed out and  joined the organization don't know how to file a service tax return or even vat returns, they don't know how to efile the pf, esi, tds etc etc. These things are done by even the junior graduate level employees in our organization. But that does not mean that these fresh CA's are lower ranked. Filing of an ITR return, ST return, Vat , PF, ESI, TDS etc are only procedural things and once the employee does it, there is no need of much analysis over there.  Working in an audit environment when compared to  being involved in the financial aspects of a company from the inside is totally different. While working you need to be dynamic and receptive to each and every change and give productivity to your organization. The freshers I have found out are more apt  and eagerful in learning these quickly and are more analytical once they start doing things and are always keen to be abreast of the latest changes than other graduate employees. So it would not be correct to judge a person to be inefficient just because he does not know how to file an ITR. I know many CA's from my time(1990s), who took years to pass and worked in small audit firms to gain knowledge after passing the exams. But now these guys are having  flourishing practices. 

Now a days in an organization CA's are not required for daily routinized works which can be done by any graduate employees. CA's are needed to properly manage the funds of the organization, increase the productivity in each and every area of the business and mostly strategic management and decision making, budgeting, areas for costing etc etc . Please don't equate knowledge of a CA only with the routinized audit and itr works. The economy requires much more from them and expects them to give back to the economy what is expected of them. 

5 Like

prasad (prasad) (47 Points)

It is all depend on KNOWLEDGE.

(Guest)

it all depends on grey matter,acumen,expertise and terrific communication skill to put across right things at right tym,all courses and all people doing it r average its the person who makes it far more than excellence...........there r so many audit firms in market but all wanna go for big 4 only bcoz some average talented people turned it into extraordinary firms and has set a benchmark for others..............so it is the person who has to strive for the best, degree wont tag him/her as average,expert or below average.

there is survival of the fittest and degree is just the starting ,to stand out of the crowd one got to hv oodles of grey matter,v got to strive for the best,it wont come wid degree.......................................and one has to study from exam point of view bcoz everything revolves arnd degree so without degree knowledge ka kya hoga....................devil

Kshitij Saxena (CA Final) (256 Points)

3 Like

Kshitij Saxena (CA Final) (256 Points)

Lets take our criticism in positive spirit and improve where we lag

1 Like

CA Revati Galgali (B.com ACA DipIFR(ACCA) CS(Exe))   (1049 Points)

What is the point of this thread, I dont get it, am I missing something??

CA. RAVIKUMAR (Chartered accountant) (1589 Points)

Hey friends i saw some opinion in which they mentioned The CA qualified don not know the ITR filing.

Please note that Thre is a concept of TRP, where even a Graduate can file the ITR. It is a a simple work at the same time we can not judge that CA just because of he doen not know the iTR filing.

even i learned that during My last 6 month of article ship.

even we have so many things to learn from a just born baby.

everything depends on The opportunity when they get.

CA.Shailesh Pathak (Finance officer in JUVNL)   (123 Points)

kya sab paglo ki tarah bate karte ho...parctical knowledge ....ITR filing ....bachho ka khel hai yaar yek bar dekhane bhar ki baat hai ..mujhe to kisi ne dikhaya bhi nahi but first bar me hi khud se kar liya....

when i joined my firm for articleship there is no one to help me becoz in my firm there were three person .SIR, me , n Peon ...aur sir bhi aise jo sirf ye bolte the kaise karna hai aap jano ..mujhe kuchh bhi nahi pata..o computer ka ABCD tak nahi jante the ...kholna nahi aata tha koi site 

dhikkar hai tumlogo par jo yek form nai fill up kar sakte...hahhaahh aur jaha tak baat hai CA ke pass koi practical knowledge nahi hai to ....kya CFA , MBA walo ke pass ahi ....CFA n MBA they know nothng ...

i havealso done MBA n my Friend is a CFA...aur o kitne pani me hai janta hu

thora socha karo ..gyan badhta hai ...

Abhimanyu Bind (CA Final Student & Audit Assitant)   (2049 Points)

Yes, a student in very begining is an average talent. Who needs an environment to develop his/her skills. By passing of time he/she improves by experience by knowledge of books and finally he/she wins this bettle and become a CA.  And it is not only CA students but any student in very starting is a beginer.

Now, it doesn't mean after becoming CA he/she starts commenting like this on other students capabilities   . Don't forget the time when you were also there, on the place of an average student. cool

1 Like

Haran (Practice) (382 Points)
Replied 10 September 2012

AN  FOOL CAN BECOME A GENIUS IF HE KNOWS THAT HE IS AN FOOL,BUT A GENIUS CAN BECOME A FOOL,IF HE KNOWS THAT HE IS A GENIUS,I WILL RATHER LIKE TO BE CALLED AVERAGE OR FOOL THAN GENIUS,AT LEAST I WILL STRIVE TO WORK HARD.....SO FRIENDS TAKE PRIDE WHEN SOME ONE CALLS YOU AVERAGE.

Venu Gopal (Chief Manager - Secretarial & Legal)   (301 Points)
Replied 10 September 2012

Hey Vivek,

What is your age and what type of experience you have gained so far. it is very ridiculous to call some body average.  I think that you don't have any professional ethics.  If you have any professional ethics, it is not proper for you  to cricize the same professional course students.  Be like a man and give respect first your professional course and give same respect to other professional courses also. In India everybody feels like brothers & sisters and CA Clubindia has given such an opportunity to learn and share the knowledge. 

I once again the way you have mentioned is very ridiculous.

Bye

UMA

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: