Easy Office
LCI Learning

Graduates direct entry 2 ca-ipcc officially announced (icai)

Page no : 5

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)
Replied 08 August 2012

Originally posted by : ANKIT

that's reallly good news for many people. 
thanx for posting here Mr.Srikanth :)
i am having certain doubts , if 
1. if a bcom graduate registers himself/herself for the ipcc at the earliest of 16th -20th august 2012 then he is eleigible after the 9 months articleship for IPCE , my question is the attempt would be in may 2013 or november 2013??
and secndly, 
2. if a student gets may 2013 attempt of ipcc , then supposedly he/she clears both the grups, then when he/she can give the final exams? wehn he/she will be eligible for CA-Finals ?? may 2015? 

please answer these queries which i found to be genuine.

1.  "The Council at its 312th meeting held from 25-27 December 2011 passed a Resolution under Regulation 205 to the effect that candidates who register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and complete eight months study course, as on the first day of the month in which examination is held would be eligible to appear in the IPCE to be held in May 2012 examination onwards."

So if you register for IPCC on or before September 1, 2012, then you are eligible to write your IPCC in May, 2013. Please note that your IPCC exams have nothing to do with your Articleship

2. "A student can appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held."

So if you commence your Articleship on or before November 1, 2012, you will be eligible to write your final exams in May, 2015 (subject to excess leave, if any, availed during your Articleship) if you clear both groups of your IPCC.

Hope this helps!

Replied 08 August 2012

Originally posted by : selvaraj

CAN A STUDENT ENROLLED INTO ERSTWHILE PE2 STUDENTS WHO LATER CONVERTED INTO IPCC COMMENCE THEIR ARTICLESHIP(FINISHED GRADUATION)

Your query is too complicated! Only ICAI can answer this correctly. So please put this query @ www.icai.org/help. Also please let us know what they have replied to you! 

However, for me the answers appears to be "No"!

Ankit Gupta (Learner) (1557 Points)
Replied 09 August 2012

Originally posted by : Srikanth

Please note that your IPCC exams have nothing to do with your Articleship. 

hii, My querry is totally based on the new carriculum (direct entry for graduates), that is,  a graduate  registers into ipcc, he/she has to  complete the nine months articelship so as to be eligible for the may 2013 attempt. 
NOTE: only for graduates the articleship is mandatory for IPCC. 

so in that case Mr. srikanth tell me that if a student graduate student who passes his very first attempt of IPCC(direct entry for graduates) then when that person is eligible for finals ?
my main question is only on the new ammendment as on 23rd february and  as on 1st august 2012.
they said it clearly that NINE MONTHS PRACTICAL TRAINING IS MANDATORY FOR GRADUATES TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR IPCE. 

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)
Replied 09 August 2012

B.COM students who got 55%

and

Other then B.COM Students should get 60% percentage to get exemption from CPT.

(BBA, BA, BSC etc) should get 60% percentage to get exemption from CPT.

Replied 09 August 2012

@ Ankit:

" A candidate who has been exempted from passing Common Proficiency Test under sub-regulation (1A) of regulation 25D and enrolled for the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course shall be eligible to appear in the  examination on completion of nine months of practical training under regulation 50"

So if a graduate  registers into IPCC directly and commences his Articlship on or before February 1, 2013 by claming exemption from CPT, he will be eligible to appear for his IPCE in November, 2013. In order to eligible to appear in May, 2013, he should have commenced his Articleship on or before August 1, 2012 (which is not possible, as it is already past)

Replied 09 August 2012

THE ANNOUNCEMENT AS ON 1st AUGUST 2012(direct entry for graduates)
POINT NO. 7

7. In regulation 28E of the said regulations, -

(a) for the words “Integrated Professional Competence Examination”,
“Integrated Professional Competence Course” and “Professional Competence
Examination” wherever they occur, the words and brackets “Intermediate
(Integrated Professional Competence) Examination”, “Intermediate (Integrated
Professional Competence) Course” and “Intermediate (Professional Competence)
Examination” shall respectively be substituted;

(b) in sub-regulation (1), after clause (b), the following proviso shall be
inserted, namely,-
“Provided that a candidate who has been exempted from passing Common
Proficiency Test under sub-regulation (1A) of regulation 25D and enrolled for the
Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course shall be eligible to
appear in the  examination on completion of nine months of practical training under
regulation 50.”;

Replied 09 August 2012

THE ANNOUNCEMENT AS ON 1st AUGUST 2012(direct entry for graduates)
POINT NO. 7
7. In regulation 28E of the said regulations, -

(a) for the words “Integrated Professional Competence Examination”,

“Integrated Professional Competence Course” and “Professional Competence

Examination” wherever they occur, the words and brackets “Intermediate

(Integrated Professional Competence) Examination”, “Intermediate (Integrated

Professional Competence) Course” and “Intermediate (Professional Competence)

Examination” shall respectively be substituted;

(b) in sub-regulation (1), after clause (b), the following proviso shall be

inserted, namely,-

“Provided that a candidate who has been exempted from passing Common

Proficiency Test under sub-regulation (1A) of regulation 25D and enrolled for the

Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course shall be eligible to

appear in the  examination on completion of nine months of practical training under

regulation 50.”;

Yes, I modified my reply. Please look into my earlier reply!

Replied 09 August 2012

ya, i saw it now, 
thanx a lot buddy. 
so, there is not any other way that  a student who enrolls now(GRADUATES) get may 2013 may attempt of IPCC.? 
i wish they could have given a month's relaxations so as not to waste that 6 months of students registering now.

Replied 09 August 2012

ya, i saw it now, 
thanx a lot buddy. 
so, there is not any other way that  a student who enrolls now(GRADUATES) get may 2013 may attempt of IPCC.? 
i wish they could have given a month's relaxations so as not to waste that 6 months of students registering now.

May be thats possible! They may give relaxation. Shoot the ICAI in this regard @ www.icai.org/help

RAJESH RANJAN JHA (ARTICLE ASSISTANT) (251 Points)
Replied 09 August 2012

before graduation i  passed cpt but after registering ipcc , i complited my graduation .can i start articleship on the basis of icai announcement;

kindly mail me

rajeshjha789 @ gmail .com

regards

rajeshjha

Replied 09 August 2012

Originally posted by : RAJESHJHA

before graduation i  passed cpt but after registering ipcc , i complited my graduation .can i start articleship on the basis of icai announcement;

kindly mail me

rajeshjha789 @ gmail .com

regards

rajeshjha

"A candidate who is a graduate or post graduate and has been exempted from passing the Common Proficiency Test shall be eligible to three years of articles training on his registration to the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course.”

But you were not exempted from CPT as you have already completed your CPT and you are into your IPCC now. So as per my interpretation, you are required to clear your IPCC Group I in order to commence your Articleship. (However, it is advisable to put your query @ www.icai.org/help).

Replied 09 August 2012

@ srikanth - what i feel is the entry into CA Intermediate is for all(new graduates as well as existing students too) let's see what's their for existing students by ICAI.

PS: i've posted a similar querry related to this in e-sahayata, hope they revert soon. 

Muruganathan (-) (21 Points)
Replied 10 August 2012

Good Morning Guys,

I am a PE - II converstion to IPCC on completeting my B.COM.

In this May 2012 Attempt IPCC - i scored an Exemption in Law. Whethere this exemtion will be carried forward to the direct entry sceheme.

RAJESH RANJAN JHA (ARTICLE ASSISTANT) (251 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

hi frnd,

this time i m very confused. i have registered in ipcc at june 2009 . as per icai ipcc regn is valid 3 years.

and i have to re registration of ipcc. when i go to ipcc i am not graduates. but this time i am graduates. i have to re registration. so as per icai announcement can i start articleship after re- registration of ipcc.

rajeshjha

Replied 11 August 2012

Originally posted by : Muruganathan

Good Morning Guys,

I am a PE - II converstion to IPCC on completeting my B.COM.

In this May 2012 Attempt IPCC - i scored an Exemption in Law. Whethere this exemtion will be carried forward to the direct entry sceheme.

Please put this query @ www.icai.org/help (if you have not already did it)!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: