Easy Office
LCI Learning

Graduates direct entry 2 ca-ipcc officially announced (icai)

Page no : 4

Kiran Rakvi (1) (27 Points)
Replied 06 August 2012

Hello,

As per this new amendment we can directly register for IPCC May-2013 attempt but most of the tutorials and classes has already started coaching for the IPCC in JUNE-12 So, for the people like me can get coaching from the beginning ?????/

hitesh (student) (22 Points)
Replied 06 August 2012

i also cleared cpt after comleting my graduation, so now it's a good decision for graduates,now they dont need waste their time and money in cpt.and surely number of aspirants who complet graduation will increase.

ratna13 (Process executive) (22 Points)
Replied 06 August 2012

Hi, I have completed B.com with 66% and MBA with 62%...but i have registed for CPT in  2009 but couldn't clear it in 2 attempts... can i now register for IPCC and start over again?

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)
Replied 06 August 2012

Originally posted by : ratna13

Hi, I have completed B.com with 66% and MBA with 62%...but i have registed for CPT in  2009 but couldn't clear it in 2 attempts... can i now register for IPCC and start over again?

Yes, you can register for IPCC now as you have satisfied the criteria required for exemption from CPT. However, I am not 100% sure about this. So I advise you to put your query @ www.icai.org/help

1 Like

piyush (article) (94 Points)
Replied 06 August 2012

Originally posted by : ratna13

Yes u can register for IPCC as you are graduate wiht more than 55%,but still wait for 16 aug one more notification is going to come,after that only you can register.

1 Like

R.Chitra Lekha (B.com , CA (Ipcc) ) (115 Points)
Replied 06 August 2012

i hav completed ma b.com with 70% and witten ma ipcc tis may ...... am i eligible for direct enty to articleship?

MS SAMEER (CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR)   (14938 Points)
Replied 06 August 2012

Good news for lot of people.                                               

selvaraj (acc) (824 Points)
Replied 07 August 2012

CAN A STUDENT ENROLLED INTO ERSTWHILE PE2 STUDENTS WHO LATER CONVERTED INTO IPCC COMMENCE THEIR ARTICLESHIP(FINISHED GRADUATION)

ramakrishnan gangadharan (sr manager) (87 Points)
Replied 07 August 2012

It is not a good move.CPT would filter out to a large extent students who do not have aptitude.The university standards  have come down significantly.There are commnon entrance for other professional courses.Many students waste productive years for CA. Compulsory entrance prevents this to a large extent

Senty (CA Final ) (133 Points)
Replied 07 August 2012

Its not at all a good move from ICAI... They are making the changes according to their requirement... Without having a beginner's course students will struggle once they come into intermediate.. B.Com course is far different from CPT we cant combine together to judge the student's ability... Student's will get some kind of maturity once they come across a basic course like CPT in the stream of CA...Else the direct entry will reduce the standard of CA Student and to the profession... But I hope this change will give some benefit to some of the students....

dizzy (None) (35 Points)
Replied 07 August 2012

Do they consider BBA a commerse degree ? I have 58.9% agg. and want to know whether I am exemted from CPT.

Replied 07 August 2012

Originally posted by : dizzy

Do they consider BBA a commerse degree ? I have 58.9% agg. and want to know whether I am exemted from CPT.

"A graduate or a post graduate in commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of fifty-five per cent. of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination  conducted by any recognised University (including Open University) by studying any three papers of 100 marks each out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business
Administration or Management Accounting; "

So if your BBA consists of any three papers of 100 marks each out of
Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting,

then you are exempted from CPT and eligible for registration for IPCC.

Ketan Padsala (CMA-Final) (89 Points)
Replied 08 August 2012

i completed BBA with 58.33% with Third year subject Management Accounting, Managerial Economic,incometax,business Law Can I exempted from CPT?

Replied 08 August 2012

Originally posted by : Ketan Padsala

i completed BBA with 58.33% with Third year subject Management Accounting, Managerial Economic,incometax,business Law Can I exempted from CPT?

Ankit Gupta (Learner) (1557 Points)
Replied 08 August 2012

that's reallly good news for many people. 
thanx for posting here Mr.Srikanth :)
i am having certain doubts , if 
1. if a bcom graduate registers himself/herself for the ipcc at the earliest of 16th -20th august 2012 then he is eleigible after the 9 months articleship for IPCE , my question is the attempt would be in may 2013 or november 2013??
and secndly, 
2. if a student gets may 2013 attempt of ipcc , then supposedly he/she clears both the grups, then when he/she can give the final exams? wehn he/she will be eligible for CA-Finals ?? may 2015? 

please answer these queries which i found to be genuine.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: