Easy Office

Mail from donotreply @ incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in

Mayankkumar (study/TRP (Tax Return Preparers))   (191 Points)

01 August 2012  

Dear  Tax Payer,

Password has been updated in Income Tax Department database. 
The new password is 

Y$MIO06d

For further queries, please contact DIT Administrator.

All communicaton will be sent to this email. Please ensure that the email address is correct and the mailbox is not full. Please verify that you are able to login by visiting the site and using your user ID and password. In the event that you face any issue, please send an email toask @ incometaxindia.gov.in

If you did not register with the website and have received this email, it may mean that somebody else has registered on your behalf. Please send an email to ask @ incometaxindia.gov.in requesting that the registration with this email address   be removed.

Regards,

Administrator.

hello experts,

today morning i received above mail from ITD.. ( 3 mails )

and surprisesurprise that i not reset my any client password..

my query is that is that anyone recive this type of mail in any situation(till date)...

i think this is phishing mailmail..

can i report this to ask @ incometaxindia.gov.in ?????

or just delete from mail box...??!!

6 Replies

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

This will come when u reset the password, if not done may be your client has done. Find out from them and get confirmation they have reset password r not...Even i got same message when my client salary person did reset password and it will send to registered mail id..

Regards

Balu

1 Like

CA Dauzi Pathan Imran Khan (Chartered Accountant in Practise)   (1678 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

It will change your password automatically for security reasons...dnt worry, click on the link u got in mail

Jd!!! (I.A.) (59 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

I think its not any phishing mail. But ur client may have changed his password without ur knowledge. I hv experienced the same that client hd changed his password without my knowledge. N i got to know abt it only on receiving this type of mail. So dont worry about phishing mail.

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

Originally posted by : BALU.....

This will come when u reset the password, if not done may be your client has done. Find out from them and get confirmation they have reset password r not...Even i got same message when my client salary person did reset password and it will send to registered mail id..

Regards

Balu

CS Rajeev Rawat (Company Secretary) (45 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

We can't deny the possibility of this being a phising email.

Please do not take any risk.

Please change your password on income tax website under "forgot password" link

Do not click the link in email.

CA Bhoopesh Gupta (Chartered Accountant) (66 Points)
Replied 05 August 2012

its a new facility, in which you have to enter PAN card detail in the form and new password emailed to your regidtered email account....

Anyone can change your password with PAN card details like Name, DOB, F'name etc.

So, please accept this mail and your new password is as shown in this email..

& one more thing you login with this password and change this password on first login.

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: