Easy Office
LCI Learning

To whom it is needed - saving karthik

Page no : 10

Saurabh Maheshwari (B.com,ACA) (5923 Points)
Replied 23 July 2012

@ thanks a lot sir for giving information of  ATM card no......if card to card transfer( from SBI or any STate nank Associate to SBI then their will be no bank charges at the receiver's end unlike Electronic Transfers )

In this IT era almost everyone is using ATM card so those who are willing to contribute and using cards of folloing banks should prefer to make card to card transfer

.State Bank of India/Bikaner&Jaipur/Hydrabad/Mysore/Patiala& Saurashtra

Thanks to all who has contributed or will going to contribute........ 

2 Like

CA Rahul Jain (CA) (1162 Points)
Replied 23 July 2012

Reference Number: 0331F12205000009
From Account 03311000057295
Beneficiary Name M Sivakumar
Beneficiary IFSC Code SBIN0011715
Beneficiary Account Number / Credit Card Number 30539550674
Bank Name STATE BANK OF INDIA

Done..............

3 Like

CA Rahul Jain (CA) (1162 Points)
Replied 23 July 2012

Two of my friends agreed to contribute and the same have been deposited

Reference Number: 0331F12205000012

Beneficiary Name M Sivakumar
Beneficiary IFSC Code SBIN0011715
Beneficiary Account Number / Credit Card Number 30539550674
Bank Name STATE BANK OF INDIA

1 Like

Deepak kumar sharma (Govt. job) (2946 Points)
Replied 23 July 2012

Dear friends,

In my area, there are many one night programs organized round the year called bhajan shandhya; in which bhajans ( devotional songs) are sung by singers all night. there are many groups formed by local people (shyam mandals) to manage these programs. The budget of these programs is around Rs. 50000 to Rs. 5 lacs, which is managed by donation from public. Public is not so much interested in these programs because same bhajans are repeated everytime; it can be judged by crowd gathered in these programs. But still there is no decrease in the quantity of bhajan programs held. I am not against these kind of programs. But are they fair at the cost of public money. One of my neighbour, who is a member of such mandals, i talked about karthik's case and asked for help. He replied that there are many such cases in this world  and this is not my job. Even he didn't recognized the case as genuine. Are they really religious people. I don't know what i am saying and why i am saying or what should i say. just something senseless i feel.

2 Like

varahi (STUDENT) (2373 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

@ DEEEPAK- U GOT ONE RESPONSE LIKE THAT I GOT MANY KINDS OF RESPONSE LIKE THESE FRND... MANY OF THEM NOT INTERESTED IN HELPING OTHERS LIFE...NOTHING CAN B DONE..

WITHIN THESE THREE DAYS THERE WAS 100RS INCREASE...

IF IT GO THIS MUCH SLOW WHEN OPERATION LL B HELD?no

THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED AND HELPED KARTHIK FRNDS:)

2 Like

CA Dolly Jain (CA, CS) (223 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

Frnds, Major problem is that this link is dis-appeared from forum.... n we few people who r involved are continuing watching this. I think v'l re-post this link on the forum, then it might come there ...
2 Like

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114215 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

CCI family does not seem to be united in this cause. More member needs to contribute to this cause to make it successful.

Jago CCI jago...

2 Like

CA Dolly Jain (CA, CS) (223 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

Yes sir, but CCI has even stopped to mail any new reply.... Can't we repost this in forum?

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114215 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

2 Like

CA Vikas Kumar Sharma (CA) (494 Points)
Replied 25 July 2012

Sorry , I couldnt read above before, just read at toady morning, I just transfered some contribution .NEFT Request Id is :- 13438853 Great work all, May god give good health and long healty life to Kartik. BANK ACCOUNT NO: 30539550674 ACCOUNTHOLDER NAME: M.SIVAKUMAR BANK NAME: STATE BANK OF INDIA IFSC Code: SBIN0011715
6 Like

Learner (Article Trainee) (145 Points)
Replied 25 July 2012

Share it!!!!!!!!

TO WHOM IT IS NEEDED

SAVING KARTHIK

There is hardly any life that has not seen death. I, too, am no exception.

That day when right before my eyes, my friend’s uncle vomited blood and died, I experienced with horror the brutal nature of death like never before. At that time, being dependent on my father for almost anything that required money, I had no other choice but to be a silent spectator to that incident. So, the jobless artist died. And I lost a very dear friend and guide.

The bond that developed between us exists even today without caring a darn about the distance that separates the two people living in the two different worlds. And with him, a hope lives in my heart. Hope – that one day, I would be able to stand beside at least one life like him...

When Vandana started telling me about the boy for whom this post is being initiated, I was having the same feeling – a feeling of helplessness that gripped me some years back. Karthik is a “20 year old boy” who is known to one of the purest and noblest souls of CCI – Varahi. The boy has a brain tumor. He has to undergo endovascular embolization – a medical procedure to cure the disease that would cost around 5 lakh rupees (by 2011 estimates) by 15th July, 2012. He comes from too poor a family to bear with such exorbitant sum. And this time too, I am not in a position to play the role of a savior all by myself.

But when she told me about the idea of CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta, I saw light at the end of this dark tunnel – my feeling of helplessness. It has been his idea to appeal to the CCItes for donating money - whatever amount they can donate – in an effort to save the boy’s life. Of course, the CACLUBINDIA with such huge number of members has the potential to become revolutionary platform in discharging our social responsibilities. For the sake of argument, if we assume that only 3-5% members are active and they are willing to donate according to their financial status, - in future, not just this boy but many like him will owe their lives to these members of this truly great platform.

We had to exercise great caution regarding the validity of the case for two obvious reasons – money and trust. Money lost can be earned but the same is rarely true for trust. Several times over the past 2-3 weeks, Varahi contacted the family of the boy in order to collect all the relevant documents (attached herewith) that may prove that the case is a genuine one. Another member of CCI from Chennai – Eklavya, after checking the above captioned documents, has confirmed the same to be genuine. As he didn’t know about Karthik beforehand, his confirmation has added more neutrality and validity to the cause.

There is a technical problem though -

Depositing the cash to the said SBI bank account will attract minimum charges of Rs 25. So the person who are willing to contribute may raise the funds from their end and deposit the amount in the account mentioned herein above or may get the funds transferred without any charges using the online fund transfer facility. It will be very difficult to deposit the amount individually because if someone wants to contribute say Rs. 50 then he will have to pay charges of Rs 25 for depositing the amount. So Members are also requested to suggest us some other methods through which more people can contribute for this cause. 

But, as I have known the respected senior members of CCI and also my friends, sisters and brothers over the last one year, such a problem would not deter them from being a part of this mission to save a life.

With this hope and belief I remain for the moment.

Regards,

Sourav Banerjee

Attached File : 875326 1024019 601709 1013462 karthik details.doc downloaded: 160 times
2 Like

Ashwin Sharma (Partner) (152 Points)
Replied 30 July 2012

Will contrubute tomorrow for sure

Replied 30 July 2012

This link has extended way beyond to understand the progress. Its better we create a new link

Replied 31 July 2012

Hello friends

My transfer is done vide Reference ID : 1355983

I am in touch with my office colleagues and friends to raise amount for this noble cause.

6 Like

varahi (STUDENT) (2373 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

hi frnds...

this is update of bank statement abt te contributions made....

Attached File : 554982 1028162 bank 20statement 1 .xls downloaded: 236 times
7 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: