Easy Office

Frustrated jobless

Page no : 2

vijay (Accountant) (884 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

Originally posted by : Sagar

Hey Mr.Ronak plese stop spreading all these rumours.Even a peon in our office earns more than 5000 p.m. and he is also a fresher and just 12th pass.

I know many people are not getting jobs but this is too much.

Moreover i would like to inform all out there that Mr.Ronak has just created his account and that too on 1st April.

Please dont pay attention to all these baseless rumours.

2 Like

CA Akun Goyal (Chartered Accountant) (53 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

I think the time have come when we need to look beyond the jobs, and start something of our own !

1 Like

Alka Soni (Chartered Accountant) (34 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

very tough situation 

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB* (Proprietor) (1312 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

Originally posted by : Alka Soni

Friends,i cleared CA in May 2010 and working in Andhra Bank as DM (Finance), i had decided to resign and look for some other jobs but after reading this thing, im getting afraid that the situation is really very Bad....

ash (tr) (266 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

Please dont get disheartened

Just try the online sites like monster and naukri.com

i registered with them for my articles and even after completing my articles i still get those mails

just try them (but beware there will be a lot of spam mails)

manish balani (CA) (36 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

First of all the Online job sites like Monster and Naukri.com are of No use.. So Dont Waste your Time  Browsing For jobs in these idotic Sites

Next, Comes the option To Practice , In My  opinion there is no 
scope at all.

Then, moving to Jobs, I  think there are High Paying Jobs , but t hey  are very Limited in Number All thanks to   this High Result and Economic Slowdown.

So the Conclusion is that the CA Profession is on the Verge of its Death................

1 Like

A-G-V (Student) (571 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

OMG!!!! its shocking  frown we cross many hurdles to pass CA... What is this? even after passing we face hardships sad

ronak (NA) (26 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

i am nt spreading any rumours. Seeing d reply i guess d situation is same everywer.

1-2 mnths is nothin. I hav got frndz who cleared in may and r still jobless.

achyuthanand (Audit executive/ CA Final)   (283 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

Its devastating to read these kinds of threads. It is a fact that many people were qualified during the november exam. Actualy its a good sign. A CA have got value not just because they are rare species. Its only because they are quality products. What I mean is if you have quality they you are supposed to be hired for a good salary. 

Your city and attempt number is not mentioned in your post. I am from trivandrum, in november the pass percentage here was also high and to all of them are placed months ago. trivandrum is not a big city. the lowest pay was 30 k per month. many got job abroad and in metros with huge pays even at the verge of this resession. and also in my case, i am a CA inter and have already completed my articleship, even my salary is 10k (i recently cleared CA inter 10k was my salry before the result, now i have resigned for my final studies) 

So friend there is no point in crying that you dont have a job and you are a CA. this vey post shows that how unprofessional you are. learn from your mistakes. see life positively. let a bitter experince in life demolish you. in life you will have to face much worse situation than this.

there are people in my city who couldnt complete CA, practising as consultants etc earning much more than a qualifed CA. its your attitude that matters. there is a hell lot of opportunities waiting for u out there in this country. its a shame on you that you dint find one. 

clearing CA is not your only job. get your ryt place. do more value add courses.. make yourself demanded in the market. like wat Ankur sir said go for ERP , SAP and even more new areas like forensic accounting etc etc. Friend we like to go to a doctor with more degrees than to a doctor with just MBBS right?/ 

I wish you all the best. take my words in the right sense. you will suceed. wise men say that you yourself is your enemy.

arise, awake, and stop not till the goal is reached - Swami vivekananda

3 Like

Vijay (CA) (119 Points)
Replied 02 April 2012

hi, I'm Vijay. I had passed my final exams on May, 2011. About 15 students in my GMCS batch passed with me. None of them got jobs in campus placements. But none lost hope or got frustrated. It took some time for us to find a good job.In fact I was the last one in my batch to find a job and I had joined the company just last month. We all are now workin in good companies. What I would like to say to you is don't get frustrated cos it would make u lose ur focus. Keep on tryin only then ur persistance would pay off. Don't settle for cheap jobs. Try thru various channels for various jobs only thn there is a chance for some to click. All the best. Regards, Vijay.
1 Like

Mahesh (Student) (386 Points)
Replied 03 April 2012

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

If you feel opportunties not knocking your door, try some alternatives like applying for practise and taking coaching classes ; joining with a local audit firm ; doing any other value added courses etc.

Openings are always there, they just need to be properly regulated and organised regarding which our Stupid ICAI always fails ..    

In today’s time ICAI membership only is not enough. For getting quick job after receiving ICAI  membership following practical things are necessary:

More than basic understanding of accounting

Good knowledge of Tally, SAP, IFRS, MIS working environment.

Understanding of working as a finance part

Good and practical knowledge of Taxation

Positive attitude

Kindly appreciate if you are a new CA and have no knowledge of Tally or SAP or Taxation, then tell me why should I recruit you? You are good for nothing for me.

Recently we had recruited 2 people (non CA but with good knowledge of SAP and ERP) in our finance deptt. at a package of 3.6 and 4.8 lacs P.A. and both were chosen over Chartered Accountants, having no knowledge of SAP and ERP.  

It is high time for us to understand the fact that membership of ICAI and ICSI is no guarantee of good job or rather I would say good paying job. So for a better career it is must to focus on good articleship.

This all fuss is created because of a bit less compensation offered to professionals. As per my experience still membership of ICAI and ICSI is a guarantee of good quality job. This job may be a less financially sound job but will surely pave way for long term financial and personal success.

So my suggestion would be along with doing CA keep learning other practical courses like tally, SAP, ERP etc and be an expert of all this for better career.

All the best

thanks for ur valuable suggestion sir...

Shruti (nnfdnjdnjdf) (27 Points)
Replied 03 April 2012

Incase anyone need resume service, connect with me at shruti27bhatia @ gmail.com

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 03 April 2012

Originally posted by : Ganesh

OMG!!!! its shocking  we cross many hurdles to pass CA... What is this? even after passing we face hardships

Dear Budding CAs,

Kindly appreciate….no need to worry as CA is still a very good professional course. But to explore and utilize the benefit of CA some sort of value addition is required. I would request you to never let any opportunity go regarding job or work etc and work hard initially and I promise you very soon you will grow personally and professionally like anything.

Value addition may be something connected with accounting or finance function like knowledge of SAP, ERP, MIS, Budgeting, Tally or any other course which is prevailing currently in the Industry. It will surely help you to find a good and reasonable job in the beginning. Never develop an attitude that you have become CA and you have achieved everything and “Duniya aapka kadmo main hai”…

“KEEP LEARNING AND KEEP MOVING” 

All the best

1 Like

Habeeb (Senior Consultant) (21 Points)
Replied 03 April 2012

My 30+ post qualification experience confirms that CS, ICWA and CFA are far ahead as institutions for creating impact & in some cases made is compulsory on the industry absorb / employ their pass out graduates. ICAI, other than audit which very few fresh or experience can affortd, has not done any thing constructive to ensure its graduate have secure future with the job availability.

Undoubtedly, compared to above courses, CA is full time, takes more years wihtout earning ( other than meager Articles stiphen), it is most comprehensive with regards to accounting, finance, company laws, costing etc. Still there is no mandatory for the industry to appoint CA in finance or accounting field. CA could lose out to B.Com or above professionals for Finance / Accounts jobs. Where as it is mandatory for company secretary to be CS and CFA is preferred by investment banking and companies with M&A as major thrust for growth or those have plant & in engineering, FMCG, cons. durable, cement, metal  etc prefer ICWA over CA

Despite, of all the inhereted problems, what requrires CA to succeed is hard work, do not sit in the office and just approve vouchers or sign checks/reports. Develop presentation skill with bit of aggression. Operate from the field to generate financial numbers and provide solutions where techies who handled production or matketing have no clue as to how & why the profit is higher / lower or what is best product mix to optimise profitability / ROI and where the organization stands vs sector or against the competition. Remember, every thing filters thru or recorded in accounts. You jist need extra efforts to anaylse and relate to operation whether they are reasonable/justified per plan/past trend / industry trned and prevailing economic and competitve conditions.

Coming from very humble background, with above philosophy, I had earned great respect and admiration through out my career and left my mark where ever I worked. INDEED I AM PROUD TO BE INDIAN CA

Hemantha Kumar M (Practising Chartered Accountant)   (22 Points)
Replied 06 April 2012

Hi,

We are looking for a CA, we are firm of 4 CA's based in Bangalore. Interested candidates may pls send their resume to hemanth.kumar @ rra.in

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: