Easy Office
LCI Learning

CS or ICWA in addition to CA

Page no : 2

venkata narayana reddy m (ARTICLED STUDENT) (273 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

Combination of CA and CWA

venkata narayana reddy m (ARTICLED STUDENT) (273 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

Combination of CA and CWA more knowledge you get and higher package you earning

CA Sumit Bansal (CA) (75 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

as per my opinion the reply by |)eep @ k Gupt/\ is best...........but if  you have decided to get an additional degree then my vote goes to CS.

further i would like to seek some clarification on opinion provided by Mr. Ankur Garg that if CA gets a job in MNC then he will be asked to handle a particular field of work rahter than be assigned multiple work such as finance and law/legal compliance......so how the additional degree will benefit ?

harsh (dreamer, doer.) (87 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

look bro..doing two professional degrees is like studying b.com twice..there will be no value addition to the company you are willing to work in and therefore there will be no huge increase in pay package. instead i would suggest you to do M.B.A alongside C.A will will be  a better option..you can do Cima or acca if you are still wanting to study after you qualify..and yea dont ever do ICWA its an utter waste of time..what all the ICWA's end up doing is coming into the finance dept of the company which is indirectly dis respecting the profession..

saral kandoi (Executive - Taxation) (267 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

OBVIOUSLY CS, AS CA + CS IS A BETTER COMBO

Sanjay Inani (CA FINAL) (132 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

Here there is again a conflicting situation.... as said by Miss Madhu and Venkatnarayan "CWA is more benificial".... please u could specify the reason as CS could also assist in gaining more knowledge ...... please mlet me know from all side all angles leaving behind exemptions in papers and course.... JUST CAREER OPPORTUNITIES and PAY SCALE.......

CA CS Pushkar Agarwal (Service) (155 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

AS PER ME DO CWA..........ITS A BETTER OPTION.

Maheswar Reddy Chandra (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (105 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

Dear friend,

As far as Career is concerned CA+CS is a good option as several experts opined. Finance+Laws combination works out both in employment and practice. If you opt for CWA then it would be just an added prof course but doesnot help your career as both CA and CWA are related to Finance and Accounting and that too when you have highest Fin/Accts qualifcation like CA, no one bothers that you are a CWA.

Payscale depends upon the highest qualification(CA)+(other course that gives addition to CA i.e., undoubtedly CS) which also can lead to ahcieve heights in various managerial departments in an organisation. If you opt for CA practice then CS qualification helps a lot to grab the corporate world towards you and enhances your capabilities in your areas of practice with fulfledged knowledge in key areas of accounting and law matters.

Finally my opinion is CA+CS is very good. For successful career and high payscale not only holding qualifcations, you should also be well hard worker, knowledgeable and intelligent. 

1 Like

Bharath (CA, CS, B.Com (Hons.)) (89 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

Hi

Both the options are good.

Its purely based on your interest u have to choose the course.

As ankur sir siad, if u r aim is to become CFO/CEO, CS is needed qualification.

I have seen 2 listed companies CFOs, where in their day to day role operates in company law environment.

Comlying with the laws and regulations that are applicable to the concerned industry.

On the other hand if u are a CWA, u r role is more towards Management accountancy.

But as far as i am concerned, if u are a CA dont take up CWA, because more or less u will be studying 95% same syllabus. 

As far as more knowledge is concerned CS will take u to a different path compared to CWA.

I completed CS recently. Its not difficult. 

Final suggestion : Any course, dont just do for sake of passing. Do it deligently to acquire knowledge.

All the Best

Bharat

2 Like

Sanjay Inani (CA FINAL) (132 Points)
Replied 10 May 2012

Thank you friends.... I had registered myself dor CS ..... will think of CWA later on.... thanks...

chandra (student) (528 Points)
Replied 27 May 2014

First focus on your CA studies.

Decide what you want to be. See your inclination and then choose you additional course options.

Find out what are other courses and assess which course suits you best.

Best of Luck

Neeraj Tolani (37 Points)
Replied 06 May 2017

ICWA OR CMA is far better option in fact than CA OR CS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: