My suggession to handle theory paper effectively..

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)

18 December 2011  

My Dear friends
My dear CCI friends, there are two ways for securing success. One is a constant hard work and second is a good smart work. To be passing out, you should have a good combination of both kinds of works together.
I was experimented one method of study for theory paper and it helped me to score a decent score. Am just sharing it for your benefit.
In my PE 2 stage I adopted only reading method for theory paper. Though learning process was faster but after completing a particular topic, I will forget it in the same speed. Quick reading and quick forgetting. Just like a thunder. When reading the concepts I can quickly recollect. But the day before exam revision is a really pressure and challenging and not able to cover at least single round of revision due to the high volume to be revised. There are certain cases where I was through away my book due to angry and peer pressure by the day before exam.
During Final stage
I have adopted a different method for reading theory. First step in this direction is understanding the conceptual crux by single reading, and writing the same without referring the text book. At the time of writing I have given full concentration on line by line words, some time, I got struck then I will go back to the concepts again and make it strong. After writing it, I will try to recollect whatever I have learned without referring the books. Whenever I getting spare time in a day, I will try to recollect the concepts learned same day.
I have the habit of writing key points and by referring to the key points I can able to recollect the concepts I have already learned.
Preparation was taken more time, but reduced revision time. During the day before exam, with the help of my notes my revision process become faster and effective. I can able to write better than before.
I strongly recommend this method for theory learning so that you can have better grip over these papers. If you are weak in theory then adopt this method. I sure you can improve

Best regards
CA Vivek M
Castudenthelpdesk @ gmail.com