Should i do CA or not - advise please

vijay Sharma (Senior Sales Consultant- Corporate Sales)   (45 Points)

14 November 2011  

Hi All CA Professionals,

I think i need to tell you more about myself so that you can advise me accordingly. I am 26 yrs. old and done B.Com, DBM, ADBM and an MBA (Sales and Marketing) [distance education] with 6 years of Sales and Business Dev experience. Out of which 5 years were with Dell and this year i moved to a new IT service company in Hyderabad. I am a certified Software Sales professional from Microsoft, symantec, Vmware, Net app and Commvault and i am really good at what i do in job. Still it is my desire to pursue CA as i believe this is the most respectable and high in demand profession.

I have met many people who have done CA and found them happy with their job. Since you all either have completed or purusing CA, i am sure must have been inspired or motivated by something/someone to do CA. I am good at practical and have good knowledge of costing and Accounting (mainly company accounts..shares/deb) but theory is like a rocket science for me because i hardle remember section/sub-sctions in law :) I want to try and try with my best efforts to do CA so looking for your best and true advise. I still have passion and i think i can crack the exams but couldnot make the decision yet. To be frank, i am working in night shifts so coaching classes will not be possible for me but i can manage 2 hrs daily towards my study for sure. I know to become a CA you need to do hard work and should have some luck too...Please advise for me friends. Thank you