Easy Office
LCI Learning

Bank realisation Certificate (BRC)

Page no : 4

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA ( CS PURSUING ) (43843 Points)
Replied 02 February 2011

dear madam,

Pre-shipment credit' means any loan or advance granted or any other credit provided by a bank to an exporter for financing the purchase, processing, manufacturing or packing of goods prior to shipment, on the basis of letter of credit opened in his favour or in favour of some other person, by an overseas buyer or a confirmed and irrevocable order for the export of goods from India or any other evidence of an order for export from India having been placed on the exporter or some other person, unless lodgement of export orders or letter of credit with the bank has been waived.

With a view to making credit available to exporters at internationally competitive rates, authorised dealers have been permitted to extend Pre-shipment Credit in Foreign Currency (PCFC) to exporters for domestic and imported inputs of exported goods at LIBOR/EURO LIBOR/EURIBOR related rates of interest .

for more information read rbi circular No RBI / 2004-05 / 153 date , september-1 , 2004

1 Like

Replied 02 February 2011

another link is :-

https://www.rbi.org.in/scriptts/NotificationUser.aspx?Mode=0&Id=5136

CA Vidhi (AVP) (22 Points)
Replied 04 February 2011

Dear Ramesh

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

While i am aware on the regulations wrt PCFC. My question is that one of my clients is availing PCFC from the bank. At the time of disbursal of such PCFC, conversion from FCY to INR takes place.

After shipment, upon realisation of collection proceeds for such exports, there is no conversion that takes place i.e. the bank applies the collection proceeds to knock of the PCFC liability in the books.

As the client is dealing with multiple banks, he is receiving 2 types of BRCs:

1. Some banks are applying the rate at which the PCFC was disbursed.

2. Some banks are applying the card rate prevailing on the date of realistion

The client would like to know which is the correct view as customs is silent about this.

Best Regards

Vidhi

Sreejith (JM) (29 Points)
Replied 24 September 2011

Sir,

We are submitting BRC in the prescribed form ie, Appendix 22A for the last 1 year. In the particuar form column no: 9 which is Bill amount in foreign exchange,where we are giving the invoice value ie in USD and in column no: 14 which is FOB value actually realised in Foreign Exchange/Rupees, where we are showing the amount realised (ie. in Rupees). Now the customs officer has objected against this and he is telling us to show the USD value actually realised in Column no 14. I want to know whether the customs officer is correct and we have to show the FOB value actually realised in USD. If he is right, then what about the earlier BRC which they have accepted.

Deepak Jain (P.R.O) (22 Points)
Replied 25 November 2011

Sir, Maine October main Germany Export kiya tha usk bad meri payment advance main received hui thi main bank main Invoice copy, Packing List, Bill of Leading, Exchange Control Copy, Submit kar di hain usk bad bank ne mujhe BRC Ki demand kri hain mujhe nhi pata brc kaise banate hain so please help kariye documents perpare karne main.

Replied 25 November 2011

any query.tell me,

Piyush Patel (Managing Director) (30 Points)
Replied 22 December 2011

Dear Sir,

please tell me how to prepare Bank Realisation Certificate BRC in detail.

Also i have few queries in Bank Realisation Certificate BRC as mentioned below:

1). In column no. 14 FOB value actually realised means ???

by which exchagne rate we have to multiply the foreign currency to get actually FOB value realised

we received advance payment in USD and get converted to Indian Rupees.

After that we shipped the products and the shipping bill we get has mentioned the USD exchange rates.

So which rates for foreign exchange we have to consider which making the FOB value actually realised in column no, 14

Also please let me know which date we have to write in column no. 15 for  Date of Realisation of Export Proceeds ???

Also, in column no.16 -- GR / PP / SDF form no. ------ Which no. we have to write in this column no, 16 ???

Also in Column no, 17 what we have to write  for  --- No. date & category of applicable Licence/ Authorisation ???

I kindly request you to clarify the above mentioned points in BRC.

Email Id - mdynas @ gmail.com

Piyush Patel

Replied 22 December 2011

MR. PIYUSH,

PLEASE NOTED THAT AFTER RELEASE THE PAYMENT , EXPORTER RESPONSIBILITY TO GET BRC FROM BANKER WHICH FIRCs AND L/S MADE.

FOR MORE INFO:

/share_files/bank-certificate-of-exportrealisation-appendix-22a--27404.asp

Chaitanya (Equity analyst) (23 Points)
Replied 08 January 2012

I provide equity research service for a US-based fund and receive monthly USD payments remitted to my bank account in India Rupees. Do I still need to maintain a DEPB, and apply for BRC and FIRC?

Thanks.,

Replied 09 January 2012

for more information please ask, are you Registered in Service export promotion council?

Provide Your IEC code No. with company Name so that i couls analysis and reply you.

Regards,

amar srivastava (Accountant) (26 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

Dear sir,

Please send me Bannk Realisation Certificate a new Format in Excel FIle Form 5A.

send me on my mail ID amarsrvstv1 @ gmail.com

Deepak (job) (33 Points)
Replied 04 April 2012

Dear Sir,

my company has purchased goods from another comany & export it on advance payment basis.

Now I want to take Bank Realisation Certificate from Bank so pl.provide me the information regarding Documents required to submit into bank,Time Limit withinBRC must applied & Performa of BRC. However we have not applicable  Excise duty .

Thanking You

Deepak

(C.A.Inter)

Replied 07 April 2012

MAKE A REQUEST LETTER IN THE NAME OF BANK REGARDING ISSUE THE BRC.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRE:

1. ORIGINAL EXCHANGE CONTROL COPY OF SHIPPING BILL.
2. INVOICE
3. B/L (AAIRWAY BILL IF APPLICABLE)
4. FIRC COPY
5.COPY OF BILL OF EXCHANGE / LC

REGARDS,

Deepak (job) (33 Points)
Replied 09 April 2012

Can anyone provide me the format (performa) of Bank Realisation Certificate (BRC) & Information regarding documents required for getting such BRC.

Thanking You

Deepak

Student (b) (875 Points)
Replied 12 June 2012

useful info!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: