Easy Office
LCI Learning

Whats the Catch in ICAI Parivartan Offer regarding Windows 7

Page no : 2

Gopal (Student) (103 Points)
Replied 03 June 2011

https://www.icai.org/softwaredownload.html

enter your registration no. and password whic you recived via mail.

It is worst link. Not more than 10 kbps speed in day. After 500 MB of download the link broked and reset to zero. ;(

.A.M. (Learner) (115 Points)
Replied 03 June 2011

Originally posted by : Gopal

It is worst link. Not more than 10 kbps speed in day. After 500 MB of download the link broked and reset to zero. 

Before resuming download, you should "login". If you dont "login", the previous downloaded file would break. Try using a downloader like Flashget, instead of the native browser downloader.

Downloader like Flashget also checks the integrity of the previous downloaded file.

Replied 03 June 2011

Originally posted by : Shrinivas Kota

I had paid the amount 2 months back, waiting for the licence. i asked for the link to download the software atleast..

Put in a support request at e-sahayata to the IT department.

Replied 10 June 2011

Originally posted by : .A.M.

Hey did you successfully completed???

Replied 10 June 2011

Hey did you successfully completed?

Read the update (in green)

https://indiapoint.net/ca/2011/06/04/icai-parivartan-software-an-impractical-scheme/

Sadik (Temporary Lecturer) (33 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

Hello friends,

After 10 days, and frequent stop/starts, i have managed to download the file. But now when i try to open/extract , it says cannot open the file XB34xxxxx.rar as archive (7-zip), or, CRC failed, header is corrupt (WinRAR).

Now what should i do? I don't have courage to download it again for 10 more days.

Please sombody help me.

Replied 13 June 2011

Originally posted by : Sadik

Hello friends,

After 10 days, and frequent stop/starts, i have managed to download the file. But now when i try to open/extract , it says cannot open the file XB34xxxxx.rar as archive (7-zip), or, CRC failed, header is corrupt (WinRAR).

Now what should i do? I don't have courage to download it again for 10 more days.

Please sombody help me.

Try extracting with WinZip

1 Like

Replied 13 June 2011

Thanks .A.M.,

I tried WinZip, It says "Error: unable to process the headers in archive "E:\XB34xxxxx.rar"

The only way to repair corrupted file, as far as i know, is uTorrent.

If somebody has a whole and okay (i.e. not corrupted) file, please make a .torrent file from it. It is very simple and the file will be only about 20-50 kb. Further, no need to seed the torrent, as we already have a direct link of our file (that will serve as web-seed). This file will allow me and others like me, to repair only those parts which are corrupted.

If you don't know how to make a .torrent file, let me know. I will show you, it is very simple.

Replied 14 June 2011

Thanks .A.M.,

I tried WinZip, It says "Error: unable to process the headers in archive "E:\XB34xxxxx.rar"

Same here. My 900 is waste i think so.

The only way to repair corrupted file, as far as i know, is uTorrent.

If somebody has a whole and okay (i.e. not corrupted) file, please make a .torrent file from it. It is very simple and the file will be only about 20-50 kb. Further, no need to seed the torrent, as we already have a direct link of our file (that will serve as web-seed). This file will allow me and others like me, to repair only those parts which are corrupted.

If you don't know how to make a .torrent file, let me know. I will show you, it is very simple.

This is even worse idea. What do you want? The file to be handovered to warez sites . This will ultimately result in cancellation of license. Take my words. DONT EVEN THINK OF

Replied 14 June 2011

This is even worse idea. What do you want? The file to be handovered to warez sites or leechers. This will ultimately result in cancellation of license.

As per the FAQ for license:

Q.9    Can a duplicate copy of licenses be made: can they be written to DVD: ...?

Ans.  No, media can be downloaded once and can be re-used for multiple license keys. Media can be copied to or written to a DVD. User-name and passwords are specific to one license only.

So, even if everybody in this world has the file, they don't have user name and passwords. And what we have paid for is user name and password.

And, as far as file copy is concered, there are numerous ways for it to get copied. i.e. anyone having the link to the file can download it. (yes, anyone can, it is a direct link, no user name password needed; what we are given user name and password for, has nothing to do with download, they are for registration of license.)

And , of course, we are neither going to post the link, nor the .torrent file at public places or warez sites. We are neither going to seed it. (i.e. upload it). What is important is HASH calculation method used by .torrent technology that lets us repair the corrupted only segments from this 4 GB of file.

Actually this should have been done by our beloved institute on the very first day, it would help downloads faster and secure and would lessen the burden from our slow servers.

Replied 14 June 2011

This is even worse idea. What do you want? The file to be handovered to warez sites or leechers. This will ultimately result in cancellation of license.

As per the FAQ for license:

Q.9    Can a duplicate copy of licenses be made: can they be written to DVD: ...?
Ans.  No, media can be downloaded once and can be re-used for multiple license keys. Media can be copied to or written to a DVD. User-name and passwords are specific to one license only.

So, even if everybody in this world has the file, they don't have user name and passwords. And what we have paid for is user name and password.

And, as far as file copy is concered, there are numerous ways for it to get copied. i.e. anyone having the link to the file can download it. (yes, anyone can, it is a direct link, no user name password needed; what we are given user name and password for, has nothing to do with download, they are for registration of license.)
And , of course, we are neither going to post the link, nor the .torrent file at public places or warez sites. We are neither going to seed it. (i.e. upload it). What is important is HASH calculation method used by .torrent technology that lets us repair the corrupted only segments from this 4 GB of file.

Actually this should have been done by our beloved institute on the very first day, it would help downloads faster and secure and would lessen the burden from our slow servers.

Let me check out the issue. The problem is not with the quote above, but with Trackers.

Would a torrent work without Tracker?

Replied 14 June 2011

Would a torrent work without Tracker?

Of Course, a torrent can work without tracker. It can even work without any seeders (i.e. can work with web-seed, that is, our link to the file, we use to download it from server). And last , it can even help repair, without any kind of web-seed.

I hope you get my idea.

Replied 14 June 2011

Actually, what we need to do is, create a .torrent file, with no trackers in it. No need to mention any web-seed in it. And give this file to one, like me, in need.

After having this file, it wuold act same as our download manager. We would need to enter the link we got in email, (as we did in downlaod manager), and it would download the same way as in download manager, except for one thing, it will ensure file integrity too. (The link would be same for all, lol, https://220.227.xxx.xx/XB34xxxxx.rar. Because on their slow servers, our institute is not going to provide a separate 4 GB file for all receipients, ha ha)

And if we have the 4 GB file, but with corruption like me, it will remove corrupted portion, and re-download that portion. (In most cases this kind of corruption exists only about a few MBs)

Replied 14 June 2011

Actually, what we need to do is, create a .torrent file, with no trackers in it. No need to mention any web-seed in it. And give this file to one, like me, in need.

After having this file, it wuold act same as our download manager. We would need to enter the link we got in email, (as we did in downlaod manager), and it would download the same way as in download manager, except for one thing, it will ensure file integrity too. (The link would be same for all, lol, https://220.227.xxx.xx/XB34xxxxx.rar. Because on their slow servers, our institute is not going to provide a separate 4 GB file for all receipients, ha ha)

And if we have the 4 GB file, but with corruption like me, it will remove corrupted portion, and re-download that portion. (In most cases this kind of corruption exists only about a few MBs)

Can you just write an FAQ as to the exact procedure you wish to implement - so that it may be useful to all. If you wish you may as well send it over at

https://indiapoint.net/contact/

I am just waiting for 'certain advice', and I might just make it available. thanks

Replied 14 June 2011

Hi .A.M.,

Thank you for your kind efforts. As you have said, I am willing to show exact procedure, and I find it better in HTML format (cause it contains images of screenshots).

As I have no web-site or, I currently don't know such web-site to hold that, It seems better that I mail it to you. You can then post it anywhere as you wish, so everybody would benefit from it.

So, please give me your e-mail id. Thank You.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: