Easy Office

Input VAT Credit on Branch Transfer

Page no : 2

MUKESH (Dy Manager - Indirect Taxation)   (35 Points)
Replied 08 December 2011

Dear Experts,

We need some clarification on the Reversal fo ITC under WBVAT. We are doing business in WB as Trader and,

- transfering goods to our branches in other states against form-F,

- selling goods to local registered dealers against form-H (Deemed Export),

- selling goods to Dealer registered in other states againt form-H (Deemed Export), and

- selling goods to dealer registered in other states @ full cst rates or against form-C.

what's procedurals to be followed for reversal of ITC and what rate of reversal will be applied. Please give you best opinion on all above cases. Also we shall be grateful to you, if any one of you can provide me a copy of Circular / Notification issued by WB Commercial Tax Department in respect of Reversal Rates.

Lots of thanks....

Prakash T c (Executive) (194 Points)
Replied 08 January 2012

Dear Mr Vishal

Your ? is basically have diff. bcoz banch transfer will never have vat/cst head Maharastra delear will never pay vat in case of Ahmedabad branch transfer.

even if the goods sent thorough tax invoice and the sam have remitted to maharastra vat deparment wrongly. the ahmedabad branch cannot take input credit. ( even stock transfer or tax invoice purchase).

as this case is a Cst sale /purchase.

Sravan Patnaik (Accountant) (35 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Dear All,

Ours is a branch office for Andhra Pradesh of a battery company. We are receiving goods on F form basis from our head office. we are showing this stock received in CST form instead showing in Vat 200. is it the correct process? As far as I know it should be shown in Vat200 in the coloumn other CST purchase.

Can anyone clear my doubt?

Prakash T c (Executive) (194 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

Dear Sravan,

u r correct u have show the cst purchases in vat 200 but not in Cst form 1

in vat 200 show the purchase details in 06.Exempt or non-creditable Purchases head.

1 Like

Prem Gandhrva (Sr. Officer Accounts) (24 Points)
Replied 27 April 2012

Any Goods transfer to Branch that is not sales so that no any vat - cst liability for pay tax,

Devang (Industry) (31 Points)
Replied 21 May 2013

In case the goods returned as damaged by the branch without selling into the market would the tratment differ?

Narender Bhardwaj (accounts executive) (21 Points)
Replied 07 June 2013

sir,

plz suggest me is excise is applicable on branch transfer in same state???? IF applicable then what are the FORMALITIES....?????

tHANKS

Narender Bhardwaj

UDAYSANKAR (MANAGER-ACCOUNTS) (21 Points)
Replied 03 January 2014

Sir

I have a question. We have Head office and branches are in the state of andhra pradesh. We are doing inter branch transfer of stock ie. from Vijayawada (AP) to Rajahmundry(AP). Rajahmundry(AP) is receiving the stock transfer material from H.O.(Vijayawada-AP) and selling to their local Rajahmundry dealers. We are showing the Rajahmundry sales as local sales in VAT 200 and paying tax to the department.

My question is it necessary/mandatory that stock transfers to branches made within the state also should show in VAT 200 as zero rated sales/exempted sales?

Please clarify the same at the earliest.

Uday

Deepak sharma (Learner) (1431 Points)
Replied 07 January 2014

Dear All,

Please also help me,

A Delhi Dealer purchased raw material in Delhi,

manufacture the goods then transfer to Faridabad branch agst Form F,

I want to ask the calculation of Tax credit disallowed in respect of Branch transfer.

Note: Rate of Tax of goods in Delhi is 5%

Thanks

Deepak

Replied 07 January 2014

The reversal of Input Vat in Delhi on Branch Transfers to other states is 2% on Transfer Value of the finished Goods.

1 Like

Replied 07 January 2014

Thanks Mukesh Ji, Please also explain how can we show the 2% disallowed value in DVAT 16 Annuexure (VAT Return) from Second Quarter 2013, 

Please Explain

Replied 07 January 2014

The amount of disallowed credit will be notified in annexure of Form DVAT-16 namely "Adjustment of Tax Credits" at the Para A3.16 Other Adjustments, for Goods Taxable at different rates as per Section 10(3) of DVAT Rules.

Replied 07 January 2014

Thank you so much !!

MADHAV SINGH (Student) (28 Points)
Replied 02 January 2015

Mr.Prakash T C It is written in White paper that Credit will be available after, 2% Retention (Reversal).Hence Maharastra  VAT Act can not contraverse White paper Law Framed by Central govt .

I Agree with Mr. Sankar Majumdar.

Kama (Software Engineer) (21 Points)
Replied 06 January 2015

Suppose A lives in Ahmedabad, GUJARAT he wants to send some goods to his Agent B in Surat, GUJARAT ...... Then it stock transfer or TAX Invoice ? VAT is calculated or Not

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: