Industrial Training related Queries

Samabhav (CA practice) (36 Points)

12 October 2010  

Hello Forum Members...

I am an Industrial Trainee working in a reputed company. I have two queries and would request you to kindly guide me through it:

1) My company pays Rs. 20,000/- to industrial trainees who are qualified and Rs.10,000/- to trainees who are not yet a CA. Is the company right on doing so. Does the Institute Authorize such Discrimination?

2) This being puja time in my city Bonus is given to the employees.. while i was working as an article assistant i did use to get bonus.. but working here in this firm they say trainees are not entitled to bonus.. Is it optional for companies to pay bonus to Trainees or does the Institute makes is mandatory for such a payment?

3) I am on leave right now due to my CA Final Examination. The company does not pay me for leave days. As far as i know the institute makes it clear that the employer has to pay the minimum stipend for leave days.. For excess leave taken we are made to work for additional days but for leave availed under the leave limit i am not being paid..

I would request you to kindly help me solve my doubts and if possible give me reference where from i can Quote my Employers...