Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Accounts > A/c entries >

Depreciation post application of sec 44ad

Pages : 1

none

[ Scorecard : 165]
Posted On 24 July 2013 at 12:43 Report Abuse

A firm had been filling its return under sec44 AD & AE... it has been showing fixed assets at its purchase price(100000) and no depreciation was charged to P\L Account.

This year, it has gross reciepts of around 2 crores.. so its accounts need to be get audited...

do I need to show dep on 100000, considering this as the wdv or need to calculate dep for previous years as well???

If I charge dep for previous years as well,then won't it understate the net profit of this year...???

Kindly reply... Thanx in advance...

Online classes for CA CS CMA

varun
article assistant

[ Scorecard : 81]
Posted On 24 July 2013 at 13:07

As per provision of 44AD, any deduction allowable under theprovisions of sec 30 to 38 shall deemed to have been already given full effect. So Depreciation(Sec. 32) deemed to have been already given full effect. u ve to provide for depreciation after deducting first year depreciation.

Neha Bhattar
none

[ Scorecard : 165]
Posted On 24 July 2013 at 13:10

sure na....

100000 @ 15% dep needs to be charged this year..

CA vinod
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 510]
Posted On 24 July 2013 at 13:51

As per the Sec 44AD, even if you are going by presumptive basis calculations deductions allowed under provisions of sec 30 to 38 (i.e including depreciation)  shall be deemed to have been already allowed and  no further deduction under those sections shall be allowed. &  The written down value of any asset  shall be deemed to have been calculated as if the eligible assessee had claimed and had been actually allowed the deduction in respect of the depreciation for each of the relevant assessment years.

So you need to calculate the depreciation on the WDV only and not  on the purchase price.

There are 3 Replies to this message

Related Files