Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT >

Delay in filling the VAT Return

Pages : 1 2

Proprietor

[ Scorecard : 181]
Posted On 10 May 2010 at 18:44 Report Abuse

Hi, Can anyone tell me what is the penalty/consequences of the late filling of  the VAT return and the other consequences?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Jay Barker
Detective

[ Scorecard : 73]
Posted On 11 May 2010 at 18:55

May be it is related to money. well it depends upon the time duration from when you don't submitted the dues. well its illegal if you want to avoid to pay this tax.

Arun Dhawan
Student

[ Scorecard : 65]
Posted On 12 May 2010 at 14:06

Dear Amit

100 Rs. per day till the contravention is continous

if the dealer also registered in CST Act than 100 per day for DVAT return as well as CST return (i.e. 200/- per day)

there is no other consequences apart from this but keep in mind this penalty only for late return filling not for late payment of tax. u can submit the penalty challan along with return whenever u file it or at that time of Assessment...

Arun

Devinder Jain
Tax Practioner

[ Scorecard : 894]
Posted On 12 May 2010 at 17:13

The comments of Arun Dhawan are correct to the extent that the maximum penatly cannot increase beyond Rs. 10,000.00 per return period under  each act.

Amit Jain
Proprietor

[ Scorecard : 181]
Posted On 12 May 2010 at 17:19

Thanks Varun and Delvatp. On emore query- What is consequences of late filling of excise return??

Arun Dhawan
Student

[ Scorecard : 65]
Posted On 13 May 2010 at 17:16

Dear All

Maximum penalty is 10000/- per quarter (individual for VAT & CST Return)

mean to say if the dealer is registered in vat act as well as cst act then the maximum penalty will be 20000/- (i.e. 10000/- for vat return & 10000/- for cst return)

Arun

KRISHAN KUMAR AGGARWAL
PROPRIETOR

[ Scorecard : 23]
Posted On 06 July 2010 at 16:22

What is rate of interest on dealy in payment of vat as well as CST

I f the dealer is filling quarterly return then what is late filling for vat as well cst

KK AGGRWAL

manish
Manager

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 13 May 2012 at 17:29

Hi, can anyone tell me , our sales liability deposit time to time but we are not file return on due date, so please advice what penalty or interest in this case.

Varinder Kumar
Accountant

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 14 May 2012 at 15:24

Hi, we would like to know our dvat tax deposited time to time but we are not efile return on due date, so please advice what penalty or interest in this case.

TRIBHUWAN
ARTICLE

[ Scorecard : 48]
Posted On 27 July 2013 at 13:32

can any on tell me what is late fineor penalty for non filing of VAT return and CST return in the state of Orrissa

There are 12 Replies to this message

Related Files