CST purchase of Software

CA

One of clients in my firm has purchased software from outside state. This software is oracle which will be used by the company for developing and providing software to their customers. I want to know if this company can issue Form C for this purchase.  I read the Form C - in the Form C it is mentioned it can be issued for process or manufature of goods for sale. Does it include services also?

Accounting

Dear Nisath you can issue the Form C against the Software Purchased only if you have purchased the licence of the software with life long validity it should not be a subscripttion of the software for some years. so here it will be treated as the Fixed Asset of the Company (it can also be treated as Goods and it will be treated under the Sales Tax Act. not under the Service Tax Act.).

Excutive finance and account

Dear Team,

We have purchase IT software(catia) out side maharashtra for the use of development purpose.

kindly confirm c form issue or not this software purchase.

please gide

thanks

arun gaikwad

ASST.MANAGER ACCOUNTS

I HAVE A QUERY REGARDING C-FORM

WE ARE PURCHASING SOFTWARE FOR BARCODE FROM OUT OF MAHARASHTRA FOR EXPORT FROM MY COMPANY.THE SUPPLIER IS MANUFACTURER OF THE SOFTWARE

CAN I ISSUE C-FORM TO HIM AGAINST THIS PURCHASE.

private service

sir u hv purchased the software outside state and u use it for RnD Purpose. but u should have trading of softwares which both the buyer and seller are to be the registered deales and this software developed and sold in the market and the products should have been endosed in both of your  cst registrations. then ony u can take this as cst chargeable at reduced rate of 2% and issue c form otherwise u may hv to pay 14.5% as a maximum rate applicable in the vat act of the state.

with regards

p.r.ganesh

private service

sir since u r the exporter u may have to issue form h to the manufacturer.incase if u export thru agent or other export house then u hv to collect form h from the export house and issue  form c to the manufacturer pl.

with regards

p.r.ganesh

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

× Online Coaching My Enrolled Courses
Articles Forum News Experts Exams Share Files Income Tax Accounts Career Corporate Law Service Tax Video Judgements Rewards Top Members Events Albums Find Friends Featured Feed Scorecard Bookmarks Mock Test Poll Notification Knowledge Finder Coaching Institutes Trainee Corner Jobs
close x
  SHARE THIS