Cs prof old syllabus - mistake in q paper

Max Payne (employed) (2569 Points)

18 June 2015  

Dear members,

Is there any formal channel through which I could bring a mistake in the question paper to the attention of ICSI?

I had appeared in old syllabus of Professional programme old syllabus in June 2015. In paper 3 - FTFM, i attempted a question 5 (c) in which correlation coefficient was given as 0.7%. This was interpreted by me as 0.007 as i did not want to contradict the facts of the question. Obviously the number should have been 0.7 for the numbers to make sense. I specifically mentioned that 0.7% is given as the data in the question and, i left a note that using 0.007 this is the answer, and if 0.7 was used this would have been the value of beta.

Till now, i seem ok. But it was a heavy weightage question, and was followed by subquestions which required the use of the beta derived.

Now, correlation coefficient is never written as a percentage. So i have reason to believe that there was a printing mistake in the question paper, which has resulted in 2 possible answers, and i am a little worried that I might lose marks for no mistake of mine.

How could i bring the printing mistake to the notice of ICSI? 

I am attaching a copy of the paper, which i am only able to produce from the internet. Please turn to page 4, question 5(c) if you would like to see the mistake for yourself. Please dont be distracted by comments of the childishly exhuberant coaching institute, which may have just as well written "read 10 years GLA of ICSI" on the front page.

Your guidance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

g.k.