Easy Office
LCI Learning

CS: Must read post for all CS students

Page no : 2

Nitin Grover (CS) (1228 Points)
Replied 24 October 2009

Dear Friends

ya there is great cmbination of LLB with CS but if dont wanna do or cant do due to not avalibility of time not problem at all because as per New Company Bill, 2009 CS can handle the cases of Corporate Restructring (Amalgmation, Cmpulsory Winding up, Reduction of Share CApital) etc in NCLT or in NCLAT whichever is applicable so no need to go High Court now we can do work of an Advocate and now requirment of CS in those cmpany which have Paid up share capital more then 25Crore and we will in KMP or equivalent with CFO, CEO and now there is less demand for CS's but more importance so u can say that a CS who can proof him/herself can stay in market with a higher package

thanks dear friends

Nitin Grover

2 Like

Kausha Mehta (CS FINAL STUDENT) (187 Points)
Replied 24 October 2009

Thanks Sir... U ve always been helpful to all members... Once again Thanks 4 it...

ganesh bhandari (B.Com Final C.A. Final CS Article Clerk )   (239 Points)
Replied 27 October 2009

Everything being explained the person who had sent a PM has said that he was in a small town and i am sure that we will find very few cs in india who are away from cities. Hence he has to shift his base to a city to earn higher pay and everyone will agree that practising in small town would not be that rewarding.

Turjya (Lawyer) (26 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

What, in your opinion, would be the career prospects as a Company Secretary for a 30 year old person who has completed his LLB (from Mumbai, after his B.Com)and has been practicing law for the last five years on the criminal side.

I am given to understand that like in every profession the initial years are the toughest. (Low remuneration/ overworked etc) So too must be for Asst./junior Company Secretaries. Do you think it is advisable for someone or is it too late to enroll for and complete the Intermediate followed by Final examination. Not to forget the mandatory Management/Apprenticeship Training of 16 months.

What kind of remuneration can be reasonably expected initially. With many completing their CS by the age of 21-25 do you think this person (who would be 33 by the time he completes his CS) be at a disadvantage because of his age in terms of growth prospects in terms of age/ remuneration etc? Also, do Companies offer a stipend during the apprenticeship? I hope I have been able to make my queries clear. I suppose my basic question is - would it be a follhardy decision on this person's part to switch careers at this stage in life or would it be worthwhile.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Hello,

Prospests are good. CS with LL.B. and 5 year law practice exp. === great combition indeed.

Salary must be 20,000 plus for sure with great probability of promotion. Ya initial years==a bit tough but attitude and courage is must.

To conclude ===Initial low salary+overwork+age more than 30+But with a respected and global  professional degree=======Not a bad idea at all.

Go for it.

All the Best

Vijay Kumar.B (A learner) (185 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

Thanks for ur noteworthy replies sir..............

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)
Replied 12 January 2010

THANKS

Replied 12 January 2010

Dear Mr. Ankur Garg,

Thank you for the prompt, helpful and positive reply.

What do you think would be the job prospects abroad of a Company Secretary  who is enrolled with ICSA, UK (Pursuant to the MOU between the ICSI and ICSA, UK www.icsi.edu/webmodules/member/forms/FAQICSI.doc)

Do you think this would provide a platform for those who want to enhance their knowledge and are merely academically inclined or would becoming a member (after appearing for and clearing the 3 papers) of ICSA, UK actually improve job prosepcts abroad/ within India?

Turjya

Replied 12 January 2010

Who can avail of the benefit of the said MOU ?

A. Members of  either of the Institutes viz. Institute  of  Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, UK in good standing for a period of two years can avail of the benefit of the MOU.

Hello,

Do not think too much and first complete your CS and later on think about “abroad”. Be practical and confident. “Pada-likha logon ka liya kaam ki koi kami nahi hai is puri duniya main”.

Good Luck and Regards

1 Like

Replied 12 January 2010

This time around your reply was vaguely condescending. No offence intended. :)

I understand what you are trying to say. Something akin to "crossing the bridge when you come to it". But please try and understand that it is a question of a person leaving a (potentially) lucrative career and making a switch to a field of which he has no idea whatsoever only with the hope of making the most of one's capabilities. Hence my inquisitve questions may seem premature and childish to you.

I was merely asking if the MOU which has been signed is benefitting Company Secretaries as far as their career is concerned. You being the in the thick of the profession might be able to shed some light on this. 

Forewarned is forearmed.

Replied 12 January 2010

No no nothing like that. I apologies if you find it rude. Well I’ll try and figure out something regarding course prospectus abroad. You may also search on google. But one point is == to enjoy the benefit of ICSI MOU one must be a member of ICSI. However this is my personal understanding.

Best Regards

SSachin (ss) (28 Points)
Replied 18 January 2010

VERY USE FULL SUGESSTION

Pooja (TRAINEE) (269 Points)
Replied 22 January 2010

thanku sir.. :)

sudha (nothing) (43 Points)
Replied 02 February 2010

Hi sir after reading your reply i tought u can answer my questions. 1)I am a not commerce background graduate can i persue CS.(BCA graduate) 2)My focus is manily to study a professional course but not to earn or do a job and I felt CS is the best and started learning A/c by myself is there anyother subject i have to concentrate apart from A/C's as a base.

Ganesh Pai (Accountant) (32 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

Good reply

With the passing of Limited  Liability Partnership Act  the scope of activities of CS professional has widened .New Comapnies Bill also recognises CS professional with Senior Level Management Professional and  I see lots of opportunities to CS professional in coming days

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: