Conversion from PE II to IPCC- reply from ICAI

Joshv (CA inter) (288 Points)

28 May 2010  

Hi All,

The following is the reply i got from ICAI regarding queries on conversion to IPCC from PEII and other related issues.

FYI all.

Dear Student

We have answered your queiries below.

Regards

Sathyamurthy

----- Original Message -----

To: sroboscpt @ icai.in

Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 10:33 AM

Subject: Fw: Payment of PE II to PCC conversion fee along with IT Training registration & course fee

----- Original Message -----

To: Bosnoida ICAI ; BOS NOIDA

Cc: sroart @ icai.org ; srobos @ icai.org ; sroacc @ icai.org ; sroexam @ icai.in ; srobosipcc @ icai.in

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 6:26 PM

Subject: Re: Payment of PE II to PCC conversion fee along with IT Training registration & course fee

Respected Sir,

I, C.V.Viswanath, registered with ICAI for CA Course in erstwhile intermediate in the year 1994 with registration number MM 065475, completed my articles training period of 3 years (1994-1997) with E.Phalguna Kumar & Co; Tirupati.

I attended for PE II exams with Unique SRO number 0044812.

Conversion to IPCC from Intermediate/ PEII.

While filling up form for conversion to IPCC, i got following few doubts, which i am forwarding for your kind suggestions.

1. Do i mention my intermediate registration number MM 065475 or SRO 0044812 in application.

YOUR NEW SRO NO. SHOULD BE MENTIONED.

2. Whether i need to pay fee Rs.8000/- or Rs.9000 for conversion ( on intermediate basis or on PE II basis)

RS. 8000

3. Can i enroll with local chapter for ITT + Orientation programme before receiving confirmation from ICAI regarding conversion to IPCC

or   should i enroll with local chapter for ITT+Orientation programme only after receiving acknowledgement/confirmation from ICAI, SIRC for conversion to IPCC.

YES WITH THE LOCAL BRANCH, YOU WILL HAVE TO DO BOTH ORIENTATION AND ITT

4.Is fee payable to ICAI for conversion Rs.8000/- or Rs.9000/- whichever is applicable is inclusive of fee payable to local chapter for ITT+Orientation programme or it is exclusive?

RS. 8000 IS ONLY FOR CONVERSION FEES. FOR ORIENTATION AND ITT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY SEPARATELY.

5. If it is not inclusive, what is the fee payable to local chapter for ITT+Orientation programmes.

RS. 3000 TOWARDS ORIENTATION AND RS. 4000 TOWARDS ITT

6. Should i wait for some time to convert to IPCC, expecting any additional attempts will be allowed to PEII by ICAI, or should i convert immediately by paying the relevant fee along with application.

EXTENSION OF PE II FURTHER WILL BE KNOWN IN JUNE 2010/JULY 2010.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions in this regard at an earliest.

Thanks for your valuable time and patience in this regard.

Your advice and reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Viswanath.Chaganti.

Finance Controller,

Synchron Infotech Pvt Ltd.

Visakhapatnam.

998 920 5599