Contract Income

I am a Contractor supplying Labours to a manufacturing Unit. I have submitted overall Bill Value of Rs. 8 Lacs for the Year 2010-11. Please any one help me out how to calculate whether I have to Pay TDS also the company has deducted TDS. Can I get the refund of the Same.. Its Urgent

Replies (10)

No TDS liability arises on your side. But you will have to file your Income Tax Return to claim the TDS. But you will get a refund only if the TDS is deducted in excess.

You will have to file ITR - 4 as per the business income earned by you


Regards,

Devendra

you will have to file the income tax return for claiming the refund

Originally posted by : Deepak Kumar Singh

I am a Contractor supplying Labours to a manufacturing Unit. I have submitted overall Bill Value of Rs. 8 Lacs for the Year 2010-11. Please any one help me out how to calculate whether I have to Pay TDS also the company has deducted TDS. Can I get the refund of the Same.. Its Urgent

TDS so deducted would be available to set off against your income tax liablity / refund, provided u file the return of your contracting business with incometax for the year, in ITR 4

I also want to know the how to Calculate Tax for the Year 2010-11 on Rs. 750000/- Bill Value out of which I have Paid to Daily Labour Rs. 675000.00 Pls. help me out

if you have proper vouchers for payment to labour than your contract income will be 750000-675000=75000 rupees only. it means no tax liability on you

I dont have this as i have paid them on daily basis in cash

IF YOU HAVE PAID THEM ON DAILY BASIS HAVE YOU GET SIGNED THEM FOR AMT PAID?

Yes I have the Daily Sheet mentioning the Amount Paid and Signature in the Next Column

THAN THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEM IT WILL BE ENOUGH EVIDENCE

For Contract Income TDS is deducted by the manufacturing unit.

There is no liability of TDS arises from your side.

If you have tax liability, u can set off the amount so deducted by the manufactuing provided they have issued form 16A.

If there is no tax liability, then you can file your return along with form 16A to claim the IT Return.

 

Hope it helps

 

Thanks & Regards

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details