Compulsorily Digitization and MRTP Act

Deepak kumar sharma (Govt. job) (2946 Points)

01 November 2012  
There was advt. showing on tv about compulsorily digitalization of cable tv. The deadline was set to October 31,2012 in big metro cities. I want to know if it is not against MRTP act? Why it is making compulsory to opt for dth services by customers? I think it is against interests of customers. They should provided freedom to choose from available options. Cable tv is not against customers interest. It provides cheap alternative to customers. People can share a connection in multi tv sets unlike dth. I know that dth provides quality sighnals seamlessly. But it Is not a valid reason to making it compulsory. You can’t make mobile compulsory due to quality services provided by mobile operators. Yesterday, Bombay high court rejected a plea to extension of digitization deadline to November 5,2012. I feel it is a result of pressure by dth companies to grow their business. I agree that large dth customer base will reduce the dth cost, but it is also not a acceptable base for compulsorily digitization. Is this a valid decision under MRTP act?