Completing CA after multiple attempts..really worth?

CA Sultan.........never quits (Financial Controller) (511 Points)

05 September 2016  

Dear All,

I am Sultan born in small village situated in Tamil Nadu and studied in government Tamil medium school.

While doing my graduation i used to write theory exams in my mother tongue tamil due to lack of knowledge in English language and completed my degree in 1992. 

I studied semi commerce group and i need minimum 55% of marks in my degree to enroll CA course. But I took 54.6% of marks and thought that i am not eligible for admission to CA course.

I didn't check with institute about my eligibility. In between i got married in 1996 and worked here and there and learned sales tax related work.

In 1999, the same % problem happened to my friend's brother and when he checked with institute told him that they will round off the % if it is more than 0.5%. Suddenly he came to me and we checked my marks and approached the institute and got admission in 1999.( at the age of 27 )

While working slowly i learned the English language little bit and appeared inter exams. Cleared group I in 2001 and Group II in 2004. 

I got the chance to come to Bahrain for work through my friend and i came to Gulf for work in Feb 2005. From 2006 onwards, i wrote the final exam Group II, but i repeatedly failed in the exams.

Without losing heart i continuously tried and in 2011 November i got exemption in IDT and in November 2014 i cleared Group II.

Started to write Group I exams from 2013 and realized that i need to take some coaching. Decided to take online coaching and bought Prof.Rahul Malkan video lectures for SFM and wrote the exam in May 2014 and got decent marks in SFM. 

Again i bought video lectures for FR and i got exemption in November 2014 in FR. 

Finally, the results for May 2015 exams declared in July and the day of result...I was in office and tried to check my Roll number but the internet was slow...and tried multiple times..but net was not working properly.

I called my wife and son who are at home and told my Roll no and PIN. After few minutes..my wife screemed..and said...you PASS.....That is the moment i experienced JOY which i was not experienced in my whole life time....I couldn't able to control my tears from my eyes..and thanked GOD..for his blessings....( at the age of 43)

I communicated my CEO & Chairman of the companyy and they congratulated me. At the time of salary increments the company revised my salary and gave me 1/3 of my salary as increase. 

CA..increases my confidence level and courage to face any problem.. feeling happiness and completness...

No matter..when you are completing...the matter is whether you are completing OR not.