Closure of Liaison Office in india

manoj kumar (cs) (130 Points)

09 September 2010  

Dear Member,

Pls correct me for closing of LIASONING OFFICE in india.

A per my understanding :

First of all i have to make an application to designated AD Category - I bank  alongwith the following (Copied from master circular) :

1) Copy of the Reserve Bank's approval Letter

2) Auditor’s certificate- i) indicating the manner in which the remittable amount has been arrived at and supported by a statement of assets and liabilities of the applicant, and indicating the manner of disposal of assets; ii) confirming that all liabilities in India including arrears of gratuity and other benefits to employees, etc., of the Office have been either fully met or adequately provided for; and iii) confirming that no income accruing from sources outside India (including proceeds of exports) has remained un-repatriated to India.

3) No-objection / Tax Clearance Certificate from Income-Tax authority for the remittance/s.
4) Confirmation from the applicant/parent company that no legal proceedings in any Court in India are pending and there is no legal impediment to the remittance.
5) A report from the Registrar of Companies regarding compliance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, in case of winding up of the Office in India.
6) Any other document/s, specified by the Reserve Bank while granting approval.
The designated AD Category - I banks has to  ensure that the BO / LOs had filed their respective Annual Activity Certificates with the Reserve Bank for the previous years, in respect of the existing Branch/Liaison Offices. Confirmation about the same can be obtained from the Central Office of the Reserve Bank in the case of BOs and from the Regional Office concerned in the case of LOs.
Closure of such BO / LO has to be reported by the designated AD Category - I bank to the Reserve Bank (the Regional Office concerned for LOs and Central Office for BOs), along with a declaration stating that all the necessary documents submitted by the BO / LO have been scrutinized and found to be in order. If the documents are not found in order or cases are not covered under delegated powers, the AD Category - I bank may forward the application to the Reserve Bank, with their observations, for necessary action.  All the documents relating to the BO / LO operations may be retained by the AD Category - I bank for verification by the internal auditors of the AD / inspecting officers of the Reserve Bank.

Secondly i have to file FORM-52 with the Registrar of companies.

Regards

manoj kumar

company secretary