Easy Office
LCI Learning

CIC decided, CA student to get copy of answer sheet under RTI

Page no : 3

jeremy (auditor) (46 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

CA Gandhi ,I am sorry but I am completely disgusted with your attitude.It's CA's like you who bring disrepute to the profession.It's unprincipled,moralless CA's like you that are responsible for a SATYAM,WORLDCOM etc.Have you forgotten the motto of the ICAI ? It's not money that CA's should strive for but knowledge and  adding value to both the profession as well as society at large.As regards your contention that if there were more number of CA's with consequential reduced earnings less people would opt for the course ,well I can say this for myself that I joined this course as a natural progression from BCOM.I wanted to  attain the highest degree in my chosen field of study.It was never about money.After reading your comments I feel ashamed about being associated with the CA tag.God help that you never get to become an examiner and purposely fail students just so that you can take a fatter pay cheque at the end of the day.

CA Devanshi Gandhi (Ajani) (FCA DISA Mcom CIFRS & LLB)   (9058 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

to jeremy,

my  intension is not about the money factor, i hve not joint CA just to earn money, i just want to say if CAs are available just like  Bcoms than the goodwill the image what we have regarding CA 2day wont be there and than at that point of time most of the students will not go for this degree.......thats it.

CA Devanshi Gandhi (Ajani) (FCA DISA Mcom CIFRS & LLB)   (9058 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

to jeremy,

you also joined this course cause u wanted to achieve highest degree in your field...if it was easy to clear ca it would not have been the highest degree...see i will like to tell u something...one of my best friend gave her exams in nov 08 and after completion she told that her best paper was costing...and her sesults....she got 2 exemptions....4 subject she got between 50 to 60... and in costing she got 32....i was the 1 who told her to give for rechecking...she didnt started studying again till her rechecking results....but results of rechecking nothing...so ultimately she has to suffer... she got less time to study....and if this assesment will be done.... i suppose it will take more time to get it done and ultimately result is not going to change than wats the meaning of the same...ultimately students will suffer from depression...so wats the meaning of the same...and i became member just b4 few mths...till that student and i know wat suffered on me as a student but wen i cleared the joy i felt in clearing was unimaginable...if results were going to be so liberal the joy of becoming ca will also be lower....and even wen i was student i always felt results should be lower only...ok so its not just a member of icai who is saying this even the experienced ca student is talking this....

Replied 24 July 2009

CA Gandhi,

CA is the highest degree in accounting field not because it is merely difficult to pass because of purposeful failing done by Institute.It is because of its contents it is the highest degree.Giving students access to thier papers won't bring down the quality in anyway.Infact it is going to act as a check against unscrupulous practices of some examiners.I know for a fact that examiners are  paid really very less for examining papers hence they show very less interest in valuation.I feel this move will only serve to increase the standard of valuation.

CA Kingsley (Audit Manager) (470 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

@ CA Gandhi: If CAs are more in number like Bcom, then CA will not necessarily lose its value because of that. A couple of dumb CAs who have taken dummy articles or who got passed by luck without knowing the subjects well is enough to bring disrespect to entire CA fraternity. Employers will think "These CA's are always like this!!". Post satyam scandal just see how many investors speak badly about auditors. In this process even talented people will lose their respect. Gaining respect by failing a lot of people and emerging lucky by passing is the most cowardy way of going to top. If U want to out perform others, do it by knowledge and not by failing them unjudiciously. And dont think that CPA's and MBA's cant get into our areas of practice. Recently , ICAI representatives ased the then finance minister P Chitambaram to extend the tax audit date to 31st October because there is lot of pressure. PC simply said "OK. In that case , to ease your pressure,  I will let even Cost accountants & Company seceretaries do the tax audit". The horrified representatives had nothing to speak. So MR Gandhi, just because there is less no of CA/s it doesnt mean it will be good for CA/s.Inadequate knowledge will always have consequences.

CA Tirth Ajani (CA DISA LLM Bcom IFRS Compliance)   (460 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

jeremy and kingsley just keep aside all the points such as failing of students,money factor, CAs in demand all those things just give me the answer of the following question :

assume that in one of the subject u get 39 marks and so ur fail and u go for assessment of ur answer sheet and u find out that ur answer is right but still marks given are less than what will u do?? coz still i believe that marks are not gng to increase and hence even after assessment its 39 and ur fail.....right   and ur not able to verify others answer sheet so u dont knw about others.......and u need to go to a center where answer sheet will be shown i dont think they will come at ur place so waste of time right.

so what i think is what are the options available to students after assessment are more  important not just that ur able to see ur answer sheet...... and thats what Miss devanshi wants to say by this line :

If before assessment ur fail and even after assessment ur fail no point in gng for assessment but if ur getting pass than go for it.

and i think is logical also......

And there is no point in discussing this topic let us wait and see what institute wants to say on this topic.

Replied 25 July 2009

I got a solution to the above problem. IF u think the answer is right and still not given marks, then go to Information officer of ICAI - appointed as per Right to Information Act and demand why the answer is not marked inspite of fact that it is wrong. AS per RTI act, the officer of ICAI is bound to reply legally and that reply can be taken as evidence. And if you prove that your answer is right and still not given marks, then you can sue the Institute. A similar case came up before Madras High court regarding poor exam question papers and valuation mechanism of ML - Law university and it is still in process. If you think there is no way out, then there is really no way out. If you are determined to change the system, you will. Thats difference between Devanshi, you and me..

Replied 25 July 2009

I got a solution to the above problem. IF u think the answer is right and still not given marks, then go to Information officer of ICAI - appointed as per Right to Information Act and demand why the answer is not marked inspite of fact that it is wrong. AS per RTI act, the officer of ICAI is bound to reply legally and that reply can be taken as evidence. And if you prove that your answer is right and still not given marks, then you can sue the Institute. A similar case came up before Madras High court regarding poor exam question papers and valuation mechanism of ML - Law university and it is still in process. If you think there is no way out, then there is really no way out. If you are determined to change the system, you will. Thats difference between Devanshi, you and me..

Replied 25 July 2009

CA Ajani,by your explanation your are trying to say that the institute is actually doing its students a favour by dening them access to their papers so that they may focus on their next attempt.This is quite ridiculous.What if,as per CA Gandhi,the institute decides to "purposely fail" the student just so as to keep the total number of CA's in check ?Kingsley has pointed out correctly that once a student is able to access his /her paper and finds he/she has not been given marks for correct answer he/she has a right to question the institute.These kind of problem arises only because ca exams follow outdated system of examination.In CPA there is mutiple choice kind of question so no question of any hanky-panky going on.

CA Tirth Ajani (CA DISA LLM Bcom IFRS Compliance)   (460 Points)
Replied 25 July 2009

ML - Law university case is still in process so lets wait and see what happens.....

Harsh Maheshwari (Article Trainee) (25 Points)
Replied 14 August 2009

All said and done, the bottom line is, does anyone know if it is possible to see your evaluated answer sheet and the procedure to make it happen.
forget about suing ICAI, fighting with them over incorrect evaluation etc etc, i just want to know what my shortcoming was. i deserve to know atleast that if i am putting time and effort into it...

Harsh

angshuman (ca final) (177 Points)
Replied 16 August 2009

I totally agree with Kingsley n Jeremy....lets tell u my case...in june -09 exam i passed in all subjects except IDT. i had much command over IDT than other subcts. Even in exams i had referred to every recent caselaws . i expected atleast 60-70 marks. but i got only 28. Every student knows that evenif  i apply for revaluation  there is no chances of incresin the marks coz ICAI dont even look at the applications.huh........so i think its better for me to applly for the copy and do the re-totalling myself.............please tell me the procedure to aplly under RTI

Pramod (Student) (33 Points)
Replied 23 January 2011

Hi, my name is Pramod and I recently failed in my Final group II exam. I was expecting exemption in costing, ISCA and indirect taxes and expecting 45 in income tax and my result was:

Costing - 56

ISCA - 40

DT - 29

IDT - 51

It was so frustrating to see the results this way. In IDT I was sure that I will get atleast 70 coz I answered everything correctly and I also verified my answers once I was home and all were correct. Even I compared my answers with my friend at the exam center and both had written correct answers but when results came he got 70 and I got 51. Next in ISCA my another friend told me that she will fail in ISCA coz she has not written anything properly but I had written very well and when results came I was shocked to see that I got 40 marks and more shocking was the fact that my friend who told she will fail definitely got exemption in ISCA. So I am frustrated now and I want to discontinue CA though I have only one group to clear. I am sure next time results will also be rigged like this and I dont want to waste any more time on this stupid exam.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: