Changes in study material and practice manual (2012)

Chirag M Desai (.) (350 Points)

30 January 2012  

Hi Friends.

I sent the following query to subject experts at ICAI regarding changes in study material and practice manual.

"I am appearing for Final in NOVEMBER 2012. I have study material and practice manual of January 2011. Please inform me whether the study material and practice material is being update for 2012 or not and if yes, which chapters? Also, when will it be available for purchase. Thanks."

I received the following replies

Financial Reporting

Every chapter has been revised in terms of theory or presentation as per revised schedule VI in the financial statements of the companies. Addition of new IFRS and IFRIC has also been made. NBFC rates for provisioning of standard assets has been added. Certain amendments in chapter 8 had been incorporated. Refer the revised study material hosted on the institute's website.

In some chapters, few questions have been added. However, main revision is on account of revised schedule Vi only. However what ever new questions have been added are from suggested answers of last couple of exams only

Stragetic Financial Management

Study materials and Practice manual have been updated and the latest January 2012 edition will shortly be available.

Advanced Auditing

Dear Student, You are requested to procure the latest one i.e. January 2012 edition. Latest study material is updated in view of SAs, Revised Schedule VI, Cost Audit Rules and further chapters as per latest notification and circulrs.

Corporate and Other Laws

Dear student, The revised edition of January 2012 is available for study material and practice manual. In it there are many amendments in Companies Act, 1956, SEBI Act, 1992 and Competition Act, 2002. We have made the amendments in italics. you can download the revised material from Institute's Website and see the difference between the two. Regards

Advanced Management Accounting

Study materials and Practice manual have been updated and the latest January 2012 edition will shortly be available.

Information Systems Control and Audit

Dear Student Not only the Study Material and Practice Manual of ISCA, but most of the SM and PM are revised. In Dec-2011/Jan-2012 edition of ISCA, major revisions are carried out in chapter 2 and 5 in SM. In PM, a new section entitled 'Questions based on the case studies' have been added. Please note that there is no change in the syllabus. Moreover, the revised edition will be applicable for Nov, 2012 onwards..

Direct Tax

Dear Student, The study material and practice manual for the Final-Paper 7-Direct Tax Laws has been updated as per the provisions of Finance Act, 2011 i.e. A.Y. 2012-13. The same is available at the sale points of ICAI and is also hosted on the Institute official website i.e. www.icai.org in the students' section under the BOS Knowledge Portal. Follow the link below for the same: https://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=5720&c_id=314

Indirect Tax

Dear Student The updated study material and practice manual as amended by Finance Act,2011 is available for purchase.