Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law >

Change of registered address- documents required

Pages : 1

Audit assisstant

[ Scorecard : 67]
Posted On 16 June 2011 at 11:12 Report Abuse

One of my clients want to change the registered address of their Pvt. ltd. co.

I have gone through the procedure and found that Form 18 need to be uploaded on MCA's website.

But I couldnt find as to what documents are needed to be attached with the form 18 to be uploaded.

Can anyone tell me that?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

CA Suraj Prasad Shaw
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 504]
Posted On 16 June 2011 at 11:26

Copy of Resolutiion of Change in address at meeting of the Board & EOGM to be attached

CS Bijoy
Expert

[ Scorecard : 6355]
Posted On 16 June 2011 at 11:49

Agreed with Suraj bt incase of change of registered office outside the State than order of the Regional Director is required to be obtained and attach.

M.com,CS,CAFinal Tushar Sampat
M.com CS,CA Final

[ Scorecard : 60954]
Posted On 16 June 2011 at 11:54

Originally posted by : CS Bijoy

Agreed with Suraj bt incase of change of registered office outside the State than order of the Regional Director is required to be obtained and attach.

AGREED.

CA ADITYA SHARMA
CA IN PRACTICE

[ Scorecard : 16661]
Posted On 16 June 2011 at 12:12

Originally posted by : CS Bijoy

yes agreed                     

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta
"PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN"

[ Scorecard : 89900]
Posted On 16 June 2011 at 12:16

Shifting of the registered office from one place to another place in the same city/town/village

It is a very simple procedure and can be implemented by the Board of directors of the company. An intimation of the change shall be given to the Registrar electronically in e-Form 18 within 30 days of the date of such change. For Pvt Ltd no attachment required.  Attachment of Board Resolution is optional.

Specimen of Board resolution for shifting of registered office from one place to another within the same city

RESOLVED THAT pursuant to the provisions of section 146 of the Companies Act, 1956 and any other provisions applicable, if any, the Registered office of the Company be and is hereby shifted from 206 Bijali Nagar, Indore (M.P.) to 408, Silver Ark Plaza, 20A, New Palasiya, Indore (M.P.).

FURTHER RESOLVED THAT Ms. AJ, Director of the Company be and is hereby authorised to file e-Form 18 with the Registrar of Companies and to take suitable action for the implementation of the above said decision of the Board.

Note: If your case is different state the same for more clarification.

Mukesh Kumar Singh
CA-FINAL

[ Scorecard : 3934]
Posted On 16 June 2011 at 15:22

AGREE WITH THE ANSWER PROVIDED BY SANJAY SIR.

Tanul
Audit assisstant

[ Scorecard : 67]
Posted On 17 June 2011 at 10:56

Thanks alot for all your replies.

I guess i forgot to mention, that the registered office is being shifted within Delhi only.

So I think no other documents are needed to be attached.

But as Sanjay SIr said, are you all sure that in case of Private Limited company, even the copy of Board resolution is not needed to be attached?

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta
"PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN"

[ Scorecard : 89900]
Posted On 17 June 2011 at 11:10

I have filed many form 18 without any attachments (For Pvt Ltd Company). No problems as yet. Rest Assured. But it is always better to attach the copy of the  board resolution.

CA Urvish Sanghavi
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 71]
Posted On 25 January 2014 at 11:44

Sir,

You also need to find out that Whether the Registered Office(New) is Owned by the Company of any of it's dirctor.

If the same is owned by the director of the company, then u also need to aatch the NOC from director to allow such place/propety as a address of the regiseted office of the company.

There are 9 Replies to this message

Related Files