Change .... is the need of the hour ...

pushpak (Associate) (93 Points)

03 January 2012  

Its a lazy afternoon in the Techbuddy office today & after a heavy lunch, I almost started daydreaming, only to be brought to my conscious by Gyan Prasad Ji.
Gyan Prasad Ji,is a common man from the so called over hyped growing middle class of an extensively glorified third world country situated in the south of the second poorest continent of an over populated planet,India.

Gyan Prasad Ji’s wife Mrs.Gyan Vati long ago at a tender age of 17 produced twin mammals,a male and a female. They inherited the Gyan of their family,only in their names though,and were given name plates with Gyankunj and Gyanlata engraved for soon going to be the dude and the dudette of family. Gyan Prasad Ji,like any other middle class parent,was burdened with soaring demands of the dependents he had created within his small(surprisingly had could keep the numbers low) household,for which he tried hard to sell his labour,and did not refrain from selling his soul under bribes at times.

Under the aspirations and ambitions of a greater & much higher middle class next generation,after the twin mammals failed to clear THE PRESTIGIOUS IIT JEE exam that virtually stamps a kid as success, he bought the dreams for his children from one of the so called best available option from the mushrooming Engineering Colleges of this self perceptionally great democratic anarchial kingdom of India.The mammals young & unaware of the developments,remained unaware of everything around them even till the end under the prevailing environment of misguidance.For an overly content Gyan Prasad,realization that in a few years,his mammals had been turned into nothing more than low bred cattle,who are neither saleable in the market nor can produce milk enough for their own family;it came very hard.

Fooled,awestruck,damned,consumed,he got prone to more and more illusions and advertisements selling jobs and certificates claiming to change the breed of his offsprings overnight. So here they explore most promising dreams available, and here the Great Indian Economy praises middle class Gyan Prasad’s still existing paying power,without bothering even once about its source. Like all others in education and career sector, he came to our office as we are also in the business of selling dreams,we make graduates employable. Likewise, there are people who promise them ticket to higher studies,while there are a few who incubate the entrepreneurs inside them.

“Shri Gyan Prasad Ji,”I spoke, coming out of the thought that took me into an unending journey after looking at him at once,”Please sit down. We can talk further about your children,only if you can promise to motivate them for working hardest,if you can promise to inspire them to earn every single penny with self efforts,if you can promise make them proud of what they are,and if you can promise to stop being just a financer to them but a father.If you can promise this,there are lot of genuine people in this world who can help your children to become employableentrepreneurial or prepare them well for further studies,whatever fits to them the most.”
(Pause,and here comes the smile once more as in the past, on the pretty innocent face of Gyan Prasad Ji while he gets onto his next task of polishing his mammals to reach a state of worthiness),
though I can only hope we can do justice to his life he devoted to his children

“Be what you are,Prepare for what you desire, and Dream about what you want to see real.”