Career dilemma : please help!

Himani (Associate Manager) (22 Points)

11 March 2017  

Hello all,

I'm a Chartered Accountant (First attempt cleared in May 2012). When I had cleared out in 2012 the job market was extremely bad and there was a dearth of jobs available for freshers. At that time I was used to be very nervous while attending interviews which affected my selection process. Also my financial situation was quite bad so  I somehow managed to get a job with decent salary in a KPO. The job profile is into Fund Accounting and Operations for UK and US based hedge funds and mutual funds. I settled down in that profile and also got a promotion this year. However, I wish to change this profile and get into Indian Company with profiles based on Accounting and Finance. The main glitch here is that it's been 4 years that I cleared and I've lost touch with my knowledge related to Indian accounting and finance. This is creating a hurdle for me to crack interviews based on these profiles. I have decided to revisit my studies by working on relearning all concepts that I had studied during IPCC and Final. However, I'm still not sure if that would help me with my career change decision.

Friends, please help me out with ways or solutions through which I would be able to crack tough job interviews in Indian companies. Please let me know what should be my focus and how I should prepare to crack jobs in this stream.

Thanks in advance.