Career advice required

Pulkit (Student) (36 Points)

15 June 2015  

Hi all,

I want a career advice. I just gave my CA final exams. It was my third attempt & none of my groups are cleared from my earlier 2 attempts. I gave examinations of Group- II only in May-15 attempt.

During my articleship period, I used to go on audits only and had no exposure to income tax matters. Since I am not sure whether I’ll be able to land a job or not after I clear my final examinations, I joined a CA firm through acquaintance. Here I am not an employee but more of an article as I came here to get the knowledge of Income Tax matters but since the day I joined the firm I am getting only limited work as there are other articles too. Most of the day, I just sit around waiting to get some work. I regularly ask my boss for some work but he gives me work only when I have wasted whole day and I ask him to go home and in the end, without any work, I have to sit till 7:30-8 pm.

I tried to study during the free time but was not very comfortable.

Kindly tell me what should I do? Should I keep on working here to learn some work or should I take up a job. There are competition exams also for which I can prepare but I am not sure whether I’ll get any fruitful results by studying for them for to the max 1 month. I don’t want to sit at my home and just wait for the results.