advertise

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

Cancellation of TAN

Pages : 1

chartered accountant

[ Scorecard : 125]
Posted On 29 April 2009 at 01:14 Report Abuse

can anyone tell me the procedure & requirements for cancellation of TAN of private limited company.

plz send me specimen of letter required for the above purpose.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

k n v v s k sri kanth

[ Scorecard : 564]
Posted On 29 April 2009 at 07:52

How To Get Your TAN or PAN Cancelled?

The TAN can be cancelled by following procedure:

1. Go to http://tin.nsdl.com
  2. Download the form "Form for Changes or Correction in TAN"
  3. Fill up properly and indicate TAN numbers you want to cancel in point 6 of the Form.
Thats it!

Cancellation of PAN

There is no express provision given for process of cancellation of PAN .However, there is provision forcancellation of more than one PAN. I think form for "change or correction of PAN data" from the NSDL orUTISL website should be utilised for cancellation of PAN.Point no 10 of such form is the column to indicate which PAN you want to cancel. In my opinion, go an meet the official concerned of these two institution for proper guidance.

However, I presume that government will never cancel the PAN , maybe your PAN shall be made ineffective after your application. Reason is that income tax department scrutinises the accounts in back years and that way if your company which will not be in existence is cancelled , the department will not in position to verify the transactions of past.

Ankur Garg
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer

[ Scorecard : 82414]
Posted On 29 April 2009 at 09:25

can we file the online application for TAN...

CMA KNVV Sri Vidya - Sri Kanth
C.A.Final (New) ICWAI FINAL (New)

[ Scorecard : 11165]
Posted On 29 April 2009 at 19:00

Radheyshyam Falod
CA

[ Scorecard : 401]
Posted On 23 May 2009 at 19:36

Originally posted by :Deepanshu arora
" can anyone tell me the procedure & requirements for cancellation of TAN of private limited company.
plz send me specimen of letter required for the above purpose.
"

The following problems occurs if we follow the procedure mentioned by Sri Kanth

For Cancellation of TAN, fill all mandatory fields in the Form, enter TAN to be cancelled in Item No.6 of the Form and select the check box on left margin. TAN to be cancelled should not be same as TAN (the one currently used) mentioned at the top of the Form.

So what should we do to cancel a TAN as now it has become compulsory to file even NIL return in 24C

Ramakrishna
Financial Executive

[ Scorecard : 433]
Posted On 27 May 2009 at 23:22

Dear Radheyshyam Falod!

For cancelling the regulr TAn or the duplicate TAN, apply to your assessing officer with appropriate reasons for such cancellation.

Good Bye! Cheers!!

There are 5 Replies to this message

Related Files