Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Service Tax > Queries >

Cancellation of Service Tax registration

Pages : 1

Proprietor

[ Scorecard : 41]
Posted On 25 September 2009 at 01:34 Report Abuse

Hello to everyone,

I run a proprietary firm in Mumbai. I have registered for Service Tax Number in Mumbai three years ago, and now wish to cancel my Service Tax registration because I am changing my profession, and will now not need to charge for services.

Can someone please let me know the procedure and forms that need to be filled?

Best regards,
Kunal

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Member (Account Deleted)
AFM

[ Scorecard : 1437]
Posted On 25 September 2009 at 09:53

Write a letter to service tax dept and submit ST-2 original copy along with last 3 years returns in dept and take a surrender receipt of service tax letter.

Tha's it...;-)

Kunal Shah
Proprietor

[ Scorecard : 41]
Posted On 25 September 2009 at 11:33

Originally posted by :Kunal Shah
" Hello to everyone,
I run a proprietary firm in Mumbai. I have registered for Service Tax Number in Mumbai three years ago, and now wish to cancel my Service Tax registration because I am changing my profession, and will now not need to charge for services.
Can someone please let me know the procedure and forms that need to be filled?
Best regards,
Kunal
"

Dear Mr. Mishra,

Thank you for your reply with the details. Refering to your mention on 3 years returns, I have not filed even nil returns till today. I was supposed to charge separately for training for the machine I sold, but my clients bargain that training be done free. As such, I could not even raise a single training bill.

Now anyways, I am not going to conduct trainings, but will be a pure trader. And so I need to cancel the setvice tax registration. Will they create problems for me or charge me penalties for the late filings, or should I fill the ST3 form for each 6 monthly period of the last three years and submit that alongwith the ST2 original copy?

Much appreciate your help,
Kunal

Member (Account Deleted)
AFM

[ Scorecard : 1437]
Posted On 25 September 2009 at 11:43

1st of all, u have 2 file ur ST-3 returns with late fees penality and thn aftr u can surrender ur ST-No. except d returns, al thgs r correct, no need 2 worry, just submit ur returns and surrendr ur ST-No accordingly.

Gautam Joshi
Partner

[ Scorecard : 361]
Posted On 01 October 2009 at 12:56

Hi Kunal,

I have something different to tell you.....!!

If you have not collected and so not deposited any Service Tax to Governement then you need not file the returns of the last three years. Only a person liable to pay Service Tax  is required to file return of Service Tax meaning by if your aggregate annual turnover for the year is not greater than 10 lakh and so you have not collected and deposited the Service Tax to Government you can surrender the Certificate without filling the returns.

Make sure you file returns only if you got your turnover at the year end greater than 10 lakh and so collected and deposites the Service Tax to Governemnt. 

EKALABYA TALUKDAR
SERVICE TAX CONSULTANT

[ Scorecard : 620]
Posted On 03 October 2009 at 05:57

Originally posted by :Gautam Joshi
" Hi Kunal,
I have something different to tell you.....!!
If you have not collected and so not deposited any Service Tax to Governement then you need not file the returns of the last three years. Only a person liable to pay Service Tax  is required to file return of Service Tax meaning by if your aggregate annual turnover for the year is not greater than 10 lakh and so you have not collected and deposited the Service Tax to Government you can surrender the Certificate without filling the returns.
Make sure you file returns only if you got your turnover at the year end greater than 10 lakh and so collected and deposites the Service Tax to Governemnt. 
"

Dear Mr Goutam Joshi,

WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE NOTIFICATION NO OF NOT FILING THE NIL RETURN FOR THREE YEARS

There are 5 Replies to this message

Related Files