close x

Can tally erp 9 data be read in tally 7.2 version ?

CA; CS-Final (One Group)

Can Tally ERP 9 data be read in Tally 7.2 version ? If yes, what is the proceedure.

Thanks in advance

I dont think so... its not possible..

CA-FINAL & M.COM

No. . . . . , but if ur need in only reading/viewing of data then u may download tally erp9 from website and read data in educational mode. . . Be Happy

Under Training as Article

You can download full functional tally with multi user from www.carocks.wordpress.com. Log on to the website nd search for tally.erp9

Hi, Sorry to tell you but Tally has changed Data Structure in Tally.ERP9 from which they used in earlier Tally 5.4, 6.3, 7.2 & 8.1.

When you migrate Data of Tally 7.2 to Tally.ERP9, your entire Data Structures will be changed and you can not bounce back from new data structure to old Data Structure.

Kaushal Parekh

Sr. Accountant

IRM Offshore & Marine Engg. Pvt. Ltd.,

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

Mobile : 9426715787

i think no if there is change in data format. only latest virsions support old formats.

The data of higher version can converted into lower version.I have done by converting the data from Tally.9erp to tally 9.0

The following are the steps :

run tally.exe;  before opening the company select option (for selecting the company)will appear, when there are more than 1 company datas are available.  Press Cntrl+Alt+R so that rewrite option will appear; then you can convert to lower version from tally 9erp. But I have not tried to convert to tally 7 version. pl try at your end.

All the best.

SARAVANAN.M

Total thanks : 2 times

Senior Tax and Audit Practioner

SIR FOR YOUR ANSWER THERE IS NO WAY TO CONVERT TALLY ERP 9 DATA TO TALLY 7 UNLESS THE TALLY COMPANY WOULD HELP YOU WITH SOME SPECIALSED SOFTWARE WITH THEM, IN THERE COMPANY...

I agree with Mr.Salman, I have also tried now but I came to understand that it is not possible at the user end. Hence it is better to contact tally company for conversion.

Regards

SARAVANAN.M

Total thanks : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :