Easy Office
LCI Learning

Can I take IGST credit on truck purchase

Page no : 3

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127500 Points)
Replied 19 May 2018

Please elaborate your query again

kundan singh (99 Points)
Replied 23 July 2018

Sir I have purchased truck and sale the truck after use of 2 years.can I claim credit on sale of truck. I have dealing in coal and coke business.

Anirban Dey (14 Points)
Replied 18 September 2018

One very important thing which is often overlooked is the definition of the term “Motor Vehicle” under GST. We generally take it to mean that all types of vehicles, as nowadays everything is run by motor. But as per Section 2(76) of the Central GST Act the expression ‘motor vehicle’ shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in Clause (28) of Section 2 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.

Now, when we look at that definition, it does not include the vehicles used as mining equipment, like, tippers, dumpers! Therefore, as per present provisions, the GST charged on purchase of earth moving machinery & vehicles, including dumpers, tippers used for transportation of goods by a business will be allowed as input credit. This is indeed a very important point for mining businesses.

1 Like

Satish Purushotham (6 Points)
Replied 21 September 2021

Dear Sir,

our Company has purchase  the Truck /trailer  for the transportation of goods from URD , in site , and ours is engineering industry , we have to pay gst on  RCM and whether we can claim ITC paid on RCM

Please replay

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: