Easy Office
LCI Learning

Can belated return be revised ?

Page no : 2

sahibole talal (article) (21 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

No it cannot be revised.If u want solution regarding it you have to visit the concern assessing officer of your department to get it solved.

srikar (student) (35 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

In case of return belongs to service tax it can be

kamlesh patil (ACCOUNTING) (29 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

@ Ashish, you can do, not send itr & revise return send new itr

nidhi (student) (346 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

In section 194E in which the payment is made to a non resident and other similar sections in which payments are made to non residents,Do we have to deduct Cess on such payments?

DEEPAK KAUSHIK (ARTICLE) (55 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

ONLY A  INCOME TAX RETURN FILED  BEFORE OR ON DUE DATE CAN BE REVISED . A BELATED RETURN CAN NOT BE REVISED  IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE .

vivek srivastava (article assistant) (54 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

no not possible

RAVI SAINI (Company Secretary) (84 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

Thanks to all for your replies.

deepakkalal (Student) (43 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

no revised belated return

LAKSH ARORA (student) (25 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

No belated return cannot be revised, only the return filed within due date cn be revised.

Arpit Kakar (Article) (161 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

Only a return filed u/s 139(1) or in response to a notice issued u/s 142(1) can be revised. thus belated return cannot be revised. however u can file rectification application u/s 154 once an intimation u/s 142 is received.

Afshin (Article trainee) (44 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

Hi fellows I have a query regarding belated return. An individual files his return for FY 2013-14 late i.e. on 1st August 2014 and later on finds that he had claimed a deduction under 54 which he was not supposed to claim. Can the client make the payment online for that FY now I.e. balance payment of tax along with interest? Would payment solve it? Could you please briefly elaborate the way ahead?

Afshin (Article trainee) (44 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

Hi fellows I have a query regarding belated return. An individual files his return for FY 2013-14 late i.e. on 1st August 2014 and later on finds that he had claimed a deduction under 54 which he was not supposed to claim. Can the client make the payment online for that FY now I.e. balance payment of tax along with interest? Would payment solve it? Could you please briefly elaborate the way ahead?

Intermediate Student (-) (644 Points)
Replied 25 March 2015

@ Afshin In that case u can pay tax along with rectification request u/s 154.

Harsh (Asst.Manager) (21 Points)
Replied 04 April 2015

NoIt cn't be revised

prabhakar ch (final) (42 Points)
Replied 14 March 2016

No A belated return cannot be revised as per sec 139

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: