Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Career > CA >

Can a ca become ias

Pages : 1 2

Audit Manager CS Executive student

[ Scorecard : 81]
Posted On 21 March 2012 at 09:21 Report Abuse

Hey guys,

i want to know whether a CA,CWA or a CS can become an I.A.S, I am a CA final student and i am very much interested to go for civils so please can any one suggest me that whether my doubt is correct, or else can any other way with which i can proceed......

Srujann kumar

Audit Manager

Total thanks : 1 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

RAJESH CHOUDHARY
ASSISTANT MANAGER

[ Scorecard : 13893]
Posted On 21 March 2012 at 09:27

Dear Srujjan Kumar,

I really appricaite you that you wanted to IAS.

According to my knowledge..

Graduation From any stream is the Minimum eligiblity to apply for UPSC Civil services Examination.

So, If you are Doing your CA course and you are not doing Graduation course, then please take admission in Graduate degree course If your aim is to become IPS officer because after graduation you are eligible for this examination. And to apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online By Visit the UPSC website,

The Notification was also availiable in the employment newspaper In the month of February every year.

The examination was held 2 times in a year.So, If you have not pursuing your graduate degree course, then sorry to say, that you are not eligible for UPSC Civil services examination. 

Wish you all the very best for this ..

Regards,

RAJESH CHOUDHARY.

Total thanks : 2 times

Srujann kumar Reddy
Audit Manager CS Executive student

[ Scorecard : 81]
Posted On 21 March 2012 at 10:07

Thank you rajesh garu,

Ankur Garg
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer

[ Scorecard : 103888]
Posted On 21 March 2012 at 17:43

Agree with Rajesh Ji…

And I would like to wish you dear Srujann all the best for your future endeavors.

Regards

Abheer
student

[ Scorecard : 212]
Posted On 21 March 2012 at 23:47

Definitely you can go for ias if you complete your graduation. But I wonder what subjects will you opt for upsc exam? Commerce most probably or some other? It is difficult to decide as mostly people go for public administration, sociology subjects. Commerce subject is considered low scoring( my sources). Waiting for your reply....

Anubhav
Student

[ Scorecard : 379]
Posted On 22 March 2012 at 02:54

Originally posted by : guds

Dear Srujjan Reddy,

Please remove all the ill fated advices given by those above me. If you completed CA Final or CWA Final or CS Final  but haven't done a degree, then you are eligible for Civils Services exams. If you haven't completed final in either CA or CWA or CS, then you need to do degree or else complete final in any of there courses.

Civils services exams (IAS or IPS or IRS is based on rank and procedure is same for all) takes 1 and 1/2 year for the complete process.

Prelims in May 20
Mains in October
Interview Feb/March next year

If you start from Jan 2013 then process will end up at April 2014.

If you secure upto 50th rank - chances for IAS
Upto 150th rank - chances for IPS
Upto 250th ranks - chances for IRS.
Ranks were arbitrary figures and changes from year 2 year.

Roughly, 2 lakh people appear for Prelims exams
10000-20000 clear and appear for Mains
2000 will appear for interview
1000 will get selected.
Above figures were estimation of previous year numbers.

As per UPSC, if a student completes any degree from any institute setup by an Act of Parliament, then he is eligible for IAS exams. ICAI setup by an Act and a degree from it called CA final completion makes you eligible for IAS exams.

Thanks...The info. will be useful to all....

Abishek
Student

[ Scorecard : 1098]
Posted On 22 March 2012 at 09:40

The last date for application for may 12 prelim exams was march 5th... So you will have to take it  up next year... And also i heard that the fees for pre lims is only Rs 50 

Anamika
student

[ Scorecard : 758]
Posted On 22 March 2012 at 09:50

wat abt the preprations and all?????????????.......i mean to say coachings,self study,books etc

Could anyone tell how to start preapring for it ,when we are pursuing CA/CS/CWA.

sikha sharma
article

[ Scorecard : 57]
Posted On 22 March 2012 at 14:55

Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams

• A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
  • Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
  • The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.
  • Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
  • Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical degree.

Abheer
student

[ Scorecard : 212]
Posted On 24 March 2012 at 01:21

Originally posted by : Anamika

wat abt the preprations and all?????????????.......i mean to say coachings,self study,books etc

Could anyone tell how to start preapring for it ,when we are pursuing CA/CS/CWA.

even i want to know. can anyone tell ???

There are 15 Replies to this message

Related Files