Ca results

R.Murali mano (Student CA Final) (116 Points)

02 August 2015  

I came accross the below information in FAQ about Applying for certified Copies/Inspection.

"   9. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that the marks awarded on the answer books are different from the marks on my mark sheet? Why is it so?

In terms of Regulation 39(2) of the CA Regulations 1988, the Council of the Institute may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all the candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary, for maintaining the pass percentage provided in the regulations. The term “section” used in the above mentioned Regulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are valued by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council. Marks awarded on the answer books are the marks given by the examiner, based on the actual performance of the candidate. Marks given on the mark sheet include marks awarded in terms of Regulation 39(2) mentioned above.   "

Does this mean that there is a fixed percentage of results regardless of our Performance in the exams But the BoS and Commitee Members while attending various Conferences and Seminars say that there is no Such Thing as FIXED PASS PERCENTAGE.

So Kindly clear my doubt as to whether Passing in Exams is based on Actual Marks obtained by Students or by matching performance with Fixed Pass Percentage?????????