Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Students > CMA >

CA or CWA which one is better.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5

Working & Studying

[ Scorecard : 191]
Posted On 28 July 2010 at 16:20 Report Abuse

Respected  to  All,

I am ravikumar, 26 year, MBA (fin) profeession,  i am working as a Accountant, 3 year experience in Financial & Management accounting,

i have to plan doing CA or ICWA, pls sugges me which one is better for my future and carriers,

suppose i am going to do ICWA, its compulsery for Articals or exmpted,  

pls  pls give me some ideas,,,, this is kindly request ....all

Online classes for CA CS CMA

kishan
e

[ Scorecard : 61]
Posted On 28 July 2010 at 16:51

Hi dear,i m student of ca final......ca is much better compare to icwa because lots of opportunities in ca u will go to anywhere......ca is very hard course .i suggest u will join ca course but it is very difficult to u because u have already job person...u have already complete 26 year if u will join ca atleast 5 year will spent on this course .................i suggest u ca is good for u because u have already done MBA in finance if u will clear CA...then lots of opportunites...........................

Total thanks : 1 times

CA Harbinder
CA

[ Scorecard : 1245]
Posted On 28 July 2010 at 16:59

I AGREE WITH KISHAN

CA Ravi sisodia
CA,CS,CWA,MBA

[ Scorecard : 31939]
Posted On 28 July 2010 at 17:03

according to me you should go for CA.  dont mind about your age. age doesnt matter.

Total thanks : 2 times

koolleo87

[ Scorecard : 1263]
Posted On 28 July 2010 at 17:29

DOnt just go for CA because everyone is telling you to or just because it is more tough than ICWA. You will be 31 before you become a CA. You will have to do non productive work for 3 full years and work for peanuts. .

IN fact, ICWA will be better for you. Let me tell you why. 

1) Your work experience of 3 years will be recognised for 3 years articleshhip in ICWA and you will only have to give exams. 

2) You already have a background in management accounting which is the core of ICWA. 

3) ICWA has a tie up with CIMA institute. ICAI has not such CREDIBLE tie up. ( PS: Tie ups with ICAEW, CPA Australia are not worth it. They are just acounting degrees which can never help in getting a immigrant job. CIMA will go a long way in making you a management consultant. 

4) There are less chances of you clearing CA Final exams than ICWA exams. Not because they are much tougher, but because the results are dictated by non transparent policies. 

Total thanks : 3 times

Pranjal

[ Scorecard : 397]
Posted On 28 July 2010 at 17:43

I fully agree with koolleo87.For a person who is already a MBA & is working,ICWA will be the best option.To my knowledge none of the other sister professional institutes i,e ICWAI & ICSI manipulates the results as is done by ICAI.If you're confident to get time for study go for ICWA.Afterwards you may also go for CS as ICWAI & ICSI are having reciprocal arrangements for final qualified students.I'm sure MBA along with CWA & CS will do wonders for you in your career.All the best !!

Ravi Jorahosur
Working & Studying

Posted On 28 July 2010 at 17:43

Originally posted by : koolleo87

DOnt just go for CA because everyone is telling you to or just because it is more tough than ICWA. You will be 31 before you become a CA. You will have to do non productive work for 3 full years and work for peanuts. .

IN fact, ICWA will be better for you. Let me tell you why. 

1) Your work experience of 3 years will be recognised for 3 years articleshhip in ICWA and you will only have to give exams. 

2) You already have a background in management accounting which is the core of ICWA. 

3) ICWA has a tie up with CIMA institute. ICAI has not such CREDIBLE tie up. ( PS: Tie ups with ICAEW, CPA Australia are not worth it. They are just acounting degrees which can never help in getting a immigrant job. CIMA will go a long way in making you a management consultant. 

4) There are less chances of you clearing CA Final exams than ICWA exams. Not because they are much tougher, but because the results are dictated by non transparent policies. 

Dear all,

pls give me a more explaination, somebdy is sugges for CA is better and somebdy says CWA is better

i have so much confuse......suppose i wl do CWA , how its scope for future. In which type of documents we have to eligible for certify.

shinoj
ab

[ Scorecard : 1171]
Posted On 28 July 2010 at 19:15

if u r already MBA ....u may go for CFA rather ICWA/CA coz diffiuclt to clear n even if u clear inter n final 1 group of CA/ICWA it is not valuable till u clear all groups.......nowadays industry want specified skills not recognise degrees much............don't leave ur job to pursue CA/ICWA...........

Ravi Jorahosur
Working & Studying

Posted On 29 July 2010 at 10:24

shinoj ji

CFA holer is possible own practicing in Finance OR management areas

tell me..

CA Ravi sisodia
CA,CS,CWA,MBA

[ Scorecard : 31939]
Posted On 30 July 2010 at 07:53

If  you have 4-5 years then you should go for CA.  CWA requires 2.5 years. in CWA your job experiance will be count and 3 years articleship will be exempted. but in CA you have to do 3 years articleship & you should to be leave your job also.

There are 47 Replies to this message

Related Files