Easy Office

CA final students- assistance provided

Page no : 2

C.A. C.S. Meera Doshi (Practising Chartered Accountant)   (707 Points)
Replied 30 January 2013

Hello Kirti,

As regards IDT, refer Bangar because it covers almost everything and follow this sequence:

VAT, Service Tax, Excise and finally custom.

I have mentioned to do VAT and Service Tax first because they are simple topics and fetch 40 marks.

Also dont forget to do case laws from the case study book applicable for May 13 attempt.

And for AMA if you have joined some classes then refer those notes and also Institute's Practice Manual.Its really helpful!

2 Like

Keerthi (student) (111 Points)
Replied 30 January 2013

thanks Meera.

For AMA too could you list the topics like the way you did for IDT?

From where should the theory for AMA should be done?

Replied 30 January 2013

Hei Kirti Do the OR part first, and then the costing part because the OR part is formulae based and relatively easy than costing as well as scoring.

And for theory go for Practice Manual and RTP of the last 2-3 attempts!

1 Like

Replied 30 January 2013

There's a book of an author 'Tulsian' for OR part..Its good for practice of a variety of sums!

Replied 30 January 2013

Your most welcome Neeraj!

Keerthi (student) (111 Points)
Replied 30 January 2013

Hi Meera,

Firstly thanks for your prompt replies.

Secondly,  I'll buy Tulsian for the OR topics. For the Costing portion which book would you suggest?

You'd mentioned practice manual above - I've not joined any classes so am not sure if I could do first reading from prac manual.

CA VISHAL SINGH (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (297 Points)
Replied 30 January 2013

Hi Meera

i wanna knw how do i score 50+ marks in FM , Audit nd law coz i m left only with this 3 subject

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)   (15533 Points)
Replied 30 January 2013

Originally posted by : Saurabh

Thank you Madam for such kind help....

Ashok kumar (CA Final) (587 Points)
Replied 31 January 2013

How to score good marks in SFM? please help me

(Guest)

Will the latest amendments made in ISCA module applicabe to may 13 exam??

Pavithra (student) (140 Points)
Replied 31 January 2013

Can you please provide me with the case laws that is applicable for may'13 in dt and idt

santosh (article) (79 Points)
Replied 31 January 2013

are there major amendments in indirect tax for May 2013 exam? should i buy the latest edition of Bangar or continue with the last book??

THANK U MAM...GOD BLESS U

Replied 31 January 2013

Hei Kirti if you have'nt joined any class then go for Institute's Module for Costing Part and then Practice Manual.It covers a variety of sums!

Replied 31 January 2013

Hei Vishal,

For FM go for four things: Your Classes notes, Practice Manual, Shridhar's Book and RTP for Nov 12 and May 13 exams.I think it would be more than enough.

For Audit, Refer V.K.Agrawal and for standards on auditing, Surbhi bansal is good.Also i would suggest make your concepts very strong and solve more of practical questions like on SA and Professional Ethics.

Also if its difficult to memorize the scedules in professional ethics, then make keywords or some jingles so you can learn it easily.

For Law go for Munish Bhandari's Main Book of 1000 pages, and i would say make section wise notes for Directors because that chapter is really vast and during the final revision, these notes will surely help!

Replied 31 January 2013

Hello Ashok, For SFM as I said earlier go for four things:

Your classes notes, Practice Manual, Shridhar and RTP of the Nov 12 and May 13 attempt!

Solve problems, just dont see them and understand cz if you go for the exam without practising them, you will surely land messing up your paper!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: