Ca at age 40

Vidyasadhak (Na) (21 Points)

31 October 2017  

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I would like to state that I am neither a bright student nor an ambitious person. I have failed at many things in life and at one time started working as retail shop associate (abroad). Later, I worked in a few call centers. Only recently I got married and have become somewhat serious in life and decided to get serious. I am currently 36 and would like some information on whether it's a good idea to start studying for CA course. My educational background until 10+2 has been excellent (aboove 70% in Science group) but I lost grip on my career ( and future) after joining Engineering. Needless to say, I flunked and gave up and that might explain the current state of my life. Only recently, I was able to complete B.Com through distance and now painfully trying to climb the ladder of life.

I understand that CA is no piece of cake and is one of the most intensive and difficult courses in the world to complete. But this is precisely the reason why I want to take up this course and try and earn a bit of self-respect for myself. I was mostly an underperformer due to my laziness and bad timings but I was never a bad student.

I will be a CA at age 40+, Please advise me if it is advisable for me to take up this course and what are the career prospects for a person of my background to complete CA and find a stable job. I am currently earning a decent package but its never been about money, It's about earning my self respect back and getting back at all the people who laughed at me ( and how?)

Thanking you all in advance!

................--888

------------