Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Students > IPCC >

CA articleship - stipend

Pages : 1 2

student

[ Scorecard : 52]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 09:40 Report Abuse

THE  PRESENT MINIMUM STIPEND  IS  VERY  LOW  AS PER  INSTITUTE RULES( during 80"S days, when the stipend was revised from 60per month to 150/- for first year, there was lot of protest from ca firms , for them the gumastha were just count of heads). The term GUMASTHA - CLERK SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE INSTITUTE DICTIONARY OF CA INSTITUTE. THE OFFICE BOYS WERE PAID MORE STIPEND THAN THE ARTICLE TRAINEE. WHAT CAN U DO WITH 30PER DAY . i HAVE READ IN  TIMES OF iNDIA IIM STUDENTS IN BANGALORE SPEND A DAY WITH 20EATING STALE FOOD, ROAD SIDE FOOD ETC , IS IT THAT SORT OF TRAINING GIVEN TO ARTICLE CERKS.IN AUDIT OFFICE. HAVING CLEARED SUCH A TOUGH EXAM THEY DESERVE ATLEAST 12-15 K PER MONTH TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION TODAYS COST OF LIVING AND ALSO BECAUSE  MANY ARTICLES HAVE T0 SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES .

DOES ANY BODY AGREE WITH THIS.

Total thanks : 3 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

mehul
ca final student

[ Scorecard : 78]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 10:08

IT IS TRUE, ICAI HAVE TO TAKE STEPS TO INCREASE THE STIPEND MINIMUM RS 7500/-

Total thanks : 1 times

Sheli Sehrawat
SAP Business Consultant

[ Scorecard : 658]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 10:10

I agree, because even i had to take a break from articleship and join a job in a BPO to finance my studies. With what i was receiving every month of full time training, wasn't enough for me continue CA Final studies.

We work as good as full time employees and devote 8-12 hours a day in training. Institute should consider this issue of increasing the stipend amount.

sagar uttam shinde
professor

[ Scorecard : 179]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 10:26

Agreeing with u will not solve the problem.  ca institute is only for the members not for students.  They treat student article like slaves.  Institute need bonded workers for 3 years so that members will run their firms efficiently.  Articleship experience is not fruitful to everybody as some gets in Big Firms and some gets in very Small Firms where they are treated like a peon.  There are student who never even attend single day at ca office and cleared there ca final at first stroke.  We need hell of a revolution in article training and stipend amount. 

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS ARTICLE STIPENT IS LESS THAN A SWEEPER OF GOVT. OF MAHARASHTRA. 

I don’t understand u people at CCI after every 10 days someone is here to complaint about stipend. According to me stipend problem can be solved by only 3 ways, be a president of ICAI to raise the stipend after u become CA ( which is technically unpredictable at this moment)  OR all the students of ICAI file a PIL about stipend amount (which is technically impossible) OR You have to be a president of India (for this u should have strong political background like (RAHUL GANDHI)

Stipend will never be raise as per the market standards because when whosoever reading this becomes ca in future will need qualified and efficient labor force at lowest remuneration.  So try to concentrate on being ca and that’s that

Total thanks : 3 times

SHASHIDHAR
DATA ANALYST/ STUDENT

[ Scorecard : 672]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 10:36

But in some cities if the student pass both groups at a time. there are few firms which they are paying 16 to 25000. 1 year 8 to 12000. 2nd year 16 to 20000. 3 year 20 to 25000.. it depends upon a student skills and knowledge. wheather he/she passed a one group or both. and paying them on their qualification too.. because some students are coming directly after 10+2. so for intermediate students. it is better to pay low. there are some students who completed MBA and then coming to this profession they are getting more than what they expected.. on conditionally..

* Krishna *
CA Student

[ Scorecard : 6119]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 11:12

Originally posted by : shashidhar

But in some cities if the student pass both groups at a time. there are few firms which they are paying 16 to 25000. 1 year 8 to 12000. 2nd year 16 to 20000. 3 year 20 to 25000.. it depends upon a student skills and knowledge. wheather he/she passed a one group or both. and paying them on their qualification too.. because some students are coming directly after 10+2. so for intermediate students. it is better to pay low. there are some students who completed MBA and then coming to this profession they are getting more than what they expected.. on conditionally..

AGREED.

Mukesh Kumar Singh
CA-FINAL

[ Scorecard : 3931]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 11:19

Originally posted by : shashidhar

Agreed.

Avtar Singh
article

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 19:22

icai have to wake-up nd be practicle for decide the stipend what it should be

CA ADITYA SHARMA
CA IN PRACTICE

[ Scorecard : 16661]
Posted On 22 July 2011 at 19:36

Originally posted by : Avtar Singh
icai have to wake-up nd be practicle for decide the stipend what it should be

mnsss
Student

[ Scorecard : 99]
Posted On 23 July 2011 at 15:41

I think we cn send mail to the Board of Studies head, the Secretary or other people mail IDs Requesting them to revise the payscale of Article as per the Inflation rate. Atleast the Salary given shd be sufficient for us to continue Studies without depending on Parent/Guardian.

We can get council members mail Ids from -Council Members OR Institute Officials E-mail ids section of http://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=2273

There are 13 Replies to this message

Related Files