Ca after mba while working

chaloba (MBA) (29 Points)

31 August 2014  

Hi, I passed out doing B.Sc in 2003, than MBA finance in 2005 worked from then till now, now wish to do the CA course. I have had a huge gap with regards to studying. but i always been good reader. I would need to go through the concepts again. As per the new update in this year, you don't have to appear for the CPT anymore and can directly enrol for the IPCC. I think it is kind of late for me to prepare for CA. 1) Is it possible to do CA with a full time job? 2) Please advise me if it is good for me to go through CPT route because in Direct entry scheme i have to start articleship immediately. 2) Also, since I am working, will it be possible for me to attend classes and study as well as I am out of home working for atleast 10 hrs. 3)What is articleship and does it need to be done full time? 4) What kind of preparation do I need to do before I start the IPCC classes as I have been out of touch with accounts for so many years if i choose Direct entry scheme. 5) How many hours of study do I need a day apart from coaching classes? 6) How many subjects do I need to do in each level? 7) If any subject is not cleared, do all the subjects have to be written all over again? Early reply will be very helpful......thanks a lot