Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Career > CA >

CA after BTech

Pages : 1

ASE

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 06 May 2009 at 17:06 Report Abuse

Hi guys

I have an engineering background and passed out in 2008 from India's leading engineering college and now working with a software company.

I have one query, is it possible to do CA now after my BTech and how tough will it be for non economics background guy. If possible then what's the procedure to go for CA.

Thanks in advance!!

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Sumit Jain
CA

[ Scorecard : 4755]
Posted On 06 May 2009 at 17:41

u can go for ca

no prob at all

but needs lot of hardwork

r u not satisfied with ur existing degree

Supriya Mendki
Article

[ Scorecard : 37]
Posted On 07 May 2009 at 13:58

Originally posted by :Ashish
" Hi guys
I have an engineering background and passed out in 2008 from India's leading engineering college and now working with a software company.
I have one query, is it possible to do CA now after my BTech and how tough will it be for non economics background guy. If possible then what's the procedure to go for CA.
Thanks in advance!!

"

Yes you can do it. you have to register for CPT exam first, exam is based on basic accouting concepts and logic and many other topics as well. forms are available at C.A. Institute & you can download it from site as well, www.icai.org, you will get other information as well about course from that site. course is very tough though u r from other faculty so you need lots of more hardwork. All the best

Supriya

Final Student

Total thanks : 1 times

Jeet Biswas
Service

[ Scorecard : 4975]
Posted On 07 May 2009 at 21:47

keeping the current IT sector meltdown scenario in mind, let me firstly congratulate u for ur job....

Hope u are aware of the fact that to do CA, the 'ethical' way, u will hv to leave the Job and enter 3years' Articleship (Internship) after u pass the Level1 exam, i.e CPT...

So as it involves a monetary angle & perhaps a huge time angle...discuss it out with ur close ones....

Having said that, not to forget that Where there is a will; there is a way.... 

Sanket
accountant

[ Scorecard : 128]
Posted On 08 May 2009 at 12:14

Mr. Vikram pandit  ,CEO of  world's largest  financial corporation CITIBANK is just B.TECH and have no finance qualification or background.  Many Banks, Financial Institutions & Investment Bankers hire engineers even though they do not have any finance background. Do have a look at companies participating in IIT' s campus placement

Sanket
accountant

[ Scorecard : 128]
Posted On 08 May 2009 at 12:58

Be wise in selecting career option

Compare your current pay with the most likely pay for CA article (Rs.1,000 to 2,500 for 4yrs)

Options to explore

1. The sixth pay commission has made career  in Civil services very lucrative beside being repected.

2. join courses which are "earn while you learn" . that is your current experience would be counted

There are 5 Replies to this message

Post your reply for CA after BTech

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup

• Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Member Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads This Month | Forum Stats | Unreplied Threads

back to the top